• 12 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Sharing wisdom
  • 15 replies

I am using Typeform > Webhook
Example Payload: https://developer.typeform.com/webhooks/example-payload/

I see that Network ID is not part of the payload. I would like to save the Network ID in the payload so I do not have to manually log in and download the results as a CSV just to get the Network ID.

The hack that I think could work would be to save the Network ID to a Custom Variable. Is this possible?

It looks like the first step is that Typeform would need to allow replacing one text variable with another, which for some reason does not seem to exist.

icon

Best answer by mathio 13 June 2022, 21:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TMo Happy Monday! I don’t believe it is possible to save the network ID as a custom variable, since this information isn’t capture until the respondent clicks the submit button @mathio can correct me if I’m wrong!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, I am not familiar with “network ID”. Does it come from external source? If it is the case, you can pass it as hidden field to your typeform.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@mathio, Typeform does not save IP addresses, but it does save a “network ID” that apparently is some sort of hash of the IP address. I can only access this value when I download the survey responses directly from the Typeform portal. For some reason it is not included in the payload of the webhook. Otherwise, the webhook payload is super-helpful for me.

My only other thought is to just do what you suggested elsewhere (saving IP addresses with a third-party service provider). But that does not work for me if I send a Typeform directly to someone via email or text, only if I embed the Typeform in a website (which I have not been doing yet -- I am working on it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I understand. In that case I suggest @Liz should raise this with our team responsible for the API and see if they can add it to the response. I dont really see a reason why is it missing (though there might be one).

Any updates on this? Facing same issue, NetworkID does not appear when results are connected to Google sheets. Only via manual excel file download.