huge drop off on contact info page

• 28 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

We are experiencing a large amount of drop-offs on the last page which requires contact info. We’ve experimented with the wording and visuals stipulating that you will receive your first lesson for FREE but this have not changed anything.

The typeform only consists out of 5 pages and we get good engagement up until the point where we need to gather contact info. 

Have anyone experience this behavior before?

https://savvyk.typeform.com/leadingtuition

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @PieterBoerssen, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a large amount of drop-offs on the last page of your Typeform. Hope this helps :)

Here are some tips that worked for me:

• I would suggest to try to collect the contact information earlier in the Typeform. This way, people will know upfront that they'll need to provide their contact information in order to submit the form.
  • I would also break that contact information question into two parts. I would ask for their name and email earlier in the form and their phone at the end. 
  • try to build trust, I would Include testimonials from satisfied customers, or try to display your company's accreditations and awards. 
  • Use a conversational tone in your form. This will make your form more engaging and less intimidating. For example, instead of saying "What is your name?", you could say "Can you tell us your name?"
  • Lastly I would recommend you to use conditional logic to personalize the form experience. For example, if the user selects "Maths" as the subject they need help with, you could show additional fields for the specific math topics they need help with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @PieterBoerssen sorry to hear this is happening :(

Personally I feel the phone number question could be a blocker, especially since this a compulsory field. If an email address is enough for your needs it could be worth breaking out the contact info into two or more parts and making the phone number optional as per @Jsanchez204 ‘s suggestion. Some great recommendations there, definitely worth trying some of these 😎

If you have the time to dig a little deeper, I can definitely recommend this webinar that we ran last year: 

It examines the science behind what makes for high form completion, including insights from Typeform’s own data on form completion plus input from a professor of human interaction and an appearance from the wonderful @john.desborough who presented some interesting stuff on structuring quiz questions for lead capture.​​​

Interested to hear what changes you make and how it impacts the form completion, keep us posted on how you get on!

Userlevel 1

wow thank you so much for the guidance @James & @Jsanchez204. this is really helpful, Ill report back after a few days and gathered insights.

I have this issue too and am starting to chip away at it. I split it into different fields. 

1. “Lets connect with you”
    1. First name 
    2. Last name 
  2. (input first name from #1), Where should we email your report to?
  3. (input first name from #1), What phone number should we use to verify your account?

This has helped me a little bit. Increased submissions to 28% to 33%. Also, I added a fact prior to asking for their info. For ex: “1,100 people have used our produce and left a 5 star review”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy to help @PieterBoerssen - good luck with the changes!

@jacobsmirc this is really interesting. I love your approach of weaving the purpose for asking each question – a great example of “recipient design” (great article on that here BTW) which I’m sure helps to ease the burden on the person filling the form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PieterBoerssen I hope you’re doing well! How did the changes go? Did you notice any difference in responses? 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz Thanks for checking in.

Still experimenting a bit but got great insights thus far.

I’m currently using conditional logic at the end asking the users preferred method of contact (Email or Phone). A larger parentage of users choose email and we’ve seen a reduce in drop-off rate thus far. Where there is no drop-offs when users choose to enter their phone number which is interesting.

cheers :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@PieterBoerssen Oh yeah that is interesting. I would be far more willing to give my email than my phone number ha! I wonder if this has anything to do with your form being about educational services? You would think people would be more willing to provide an email!