Answered

Is there a direct link to the response

Userlevel 1

Hi Team,

I logged the typeform response ID after users submit it. However, I could not find a way to generate a URL based on that typeform response ID.

May I ask if there’s a way to have a link to it with UI?

Thank you!

John

icon

Best answer by picsoung 18 June 2021, 23:40

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi John. Happy Monday =) 

I'd love to help but I'm not sure I completely understand your use case. Do you mind sharing more details about the link you're trying to generate? What exactly you're trying to achieve?

Once we have more details, we'll be in a better position to help :hugging:  Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for the response! Here’s some more context:

We are using embed Typeform library, which could get the response id via “onSubmit”: https://developer.typeform.com/embed/callbacks/#on-submit. The id is something like “tyf8esmn87wrlvn072tyf8e1rb8iggzk”.

I am wondering if there’s a way to link to that specific response through the UI? (I could only see all responses in https://admin.typeform.com/form/xxxxxxx/results#responses, but cannot navigate to that specific response based on that response id)

Let me know if you need more clarification!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi John. Happy Monday =) 

I'd love to help but I'm not sure I completely understand your use case. Do you mind sharing more details about the link you're trying to generate? What exactly you're trying to achieve?

Once we have more details, we'll be in a better position to help :hugging:  Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for the response! Here’s some more context:

We are using embed Typeform library, which could get the response id via “onSubmit”: https://developer.typeform.com/embed/callbacks/#on-submit. The id is something like “tyf8esmn87wrlvn072tyf8e1rb8iggzk”.

I am wondering if there’s a way to link to that specific response through the UI? (I could only see all responses in https://admin.typeform.com/form/xxxxxxx/results#responses, but cannot navigate to that specific response based on that response id)

Let me know if you need more clarification!

Thank you!- 

@picsoung - this looks like something up your alley and not this users. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @John

great to see that you are using our Embed SDK 🤩

Unfortunately we don’t have any permalink to link to a specific result in the admin interface.
It’s only a general link to the “all results” page.

But it’s definitively a good idea.
Curious to hear more about your specific usecase 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hey @John

great to see that you are using our Embed SDK 🤩

Unfortunately we don’t have any permalink to link to a specific result in the admin interface.
It’s only a general link to the “all results” page.

But it’s definitively a good idea.
Curious to hear more about your specific usecase 🙂

Thank you for the reply!

The use case for us is that, we want to link each response in our site, so that it is easy to check the response of each person, and approve theirs as a workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Got it!

We are currently revamping the Results page, as you may have seen with the Table view. So there might be some improvements on that front.

But maybe to save your users a trip to typeform you could use the Responses API to retrieve the detail sof this response and display it directly into your app.
what do you think? :)

We are currently revamping the Results page, as you may have seen with the Table view. So there might be some improvements on that front.

It would be a huge help to be able to link directly to a response. We are using Typeform in a workflow process and to be able to hyperlink directly to the responses would be a big timesaver for our people.

This seems like a standard feature to have, especially for a product as mature as Typeform.

Even just being able to pass through an initial filter on the view via the react router would be a big help, e.g., ...?query=user%40domain

Agree that this must be a fairly common use-case. I took it for granted that this would be possible, and now have extra work to do having to integrate with the Responses API and creating an interface to view each response.

@picsoung any update here? Looking for this same functionality as a part of our Client Onboarding flow so that our accounts team can see each result individually.

Adding my vote for this.

@picsoung Any update on this one? It seems pretty weird to not have this feature, it’s use cases are obvious

Hi Team,

I logged the typeform response ID after users submit it. However, I could not find a way to generate a URL based on that typeform response ID.

May I ask if there’s a way to have a link to it with UI?

Thank you!

John

Is there any progress on this feature? It would be great to be able to a have a direct link to each response so we can read it before we chat with the person, instead of logging in and searching for it each time. Thank you!