Answered

Is there a legal effect of Typeform answers (e.g. when using the legal type)?

• 18 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi all, I’d like to put together a simple agreement that I’d like our community to ‘sign’/agree to. I’d collect the person’s name, email and using legal question type get them to agree to a few clauses (like T&C, but also NDA etc.).

I’m wondering if any of you use Typeform in a similar way and if there is any legal effect from such agreement? If the person would then act against the clauses they agreed to before, could their answers and consent be a legal proof?

Many many thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 January 2022, 16:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Klara Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. :grinning:

First, I would definitely suggest discussing this with your lawyer/legal team, as you’ll want to be sure that you receive proper legal advice regarding your form. Each situation and form is unique, so this isn’t something we can provide a direct answer for. 

@john.desborough or @Paulo do either of you use the legal question on any of your forms? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Klara - I use the legal question structure to present information about the privacy terms etc that i have related to the use case in question. 

As @Liz said, you NEED to review with your legal advisers about the validity and admissibility of the form for the purposes that you outline. Many jurisdictions require wet signatures on NDA’s etc. What I have done is to tell people that they will have some forms sent to them for signature, scanning and return by email/snailmail and  that once people have agreed to the legal question in the form, they will be sent an email to access the pdf document to download and sign. 

This makes sure that there are a few steps that they have to take and it is not just clickthrough without thought. 

seems to appease my legal folks.. 

des

Thank you both!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome! Let us know if you think of any other questions, @Klara 

I would  like to design  my type form by setting  up  better designs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Abas mariam! Welcome to our Community! What exactly do you have in mind for your form design settings? We'd love to hear more about that! :wink: