Answered

Is there a way to export results in a numeric format?

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I am working with a client who used Typeforms to collect some data using multiple Typeforms.  Mostof the questions/responses were the same, but some of the forms were translated to other languages.  Is there a way to export the results in numeric format?  This will help us with merging the results together more efficiently.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 June 2021, 21:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nahme happy friday! Thanks for stopping by today. 

We don’t have a way within Typeform to export the data into a different format than it was answered it, but you could connect your form to Google Sheets and have the data automatically populate as you’d like with formulas. Would something like that work for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nahme - happy friday indeed. welcome from another user

one thing that i have wrestled with is collating responses to multi-language versions of the same typeform - think a school board using a covid symptom tracking survey before sending your children to school each day. The survey has to be available in 5 different languages. 

If you have a language selection question in one form, that then takes you to one of the 5 different language versions of the same typeform, how do you collate the answers into one report for a school or school board? especially when you don’t speak the language. 

I created one Google Sheet and connected each of the typeforms to the same Sheet - they all push data to an individual tab. because i know the question order is identical for each one, the responses are in the same order (and i can use google translate to determine the question text). 

I can now create another summary/reporting tab that collates the data from the ‘same question’ on each of the tabs into the summary tab and i can now report out from the consolidated findings. 

I hope that helps explain what @Liz was suggesting.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

How can Typeform not enable integration of multiple languages into one dataset?  How can Typeform not enable exporting the data as numbers at least?  How can Typeform not export to common statistical packages like SPSS?

I’m super frustrated - this is supposed to be a survey tool - how can we possibly analyse data like this?