Question

Is there a way to track purchases from an embedded quiz on shopify website?

• 4 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I am wanting to know out of all the quiz completions who converted (made a purchase). Right now I have no way of knowing who completed a quiz and purchased unless I manually check their email with my order emails. 

My website sells coffee and has a coffee quiz that recommends the best coffee for you, based on your answers. 

Once someone completes a quiz they land on the product page, however, I am also sending facebook ad traffic to that page so it is hard to see the amount of conversion that came through the quiz.

I’d love to track the conversion rate of the quiz and try and make it better, conversion rate meaning of all people who completed, what % bought

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nick Poole this is a great question. Have you seen the replay of our webinar below? This may first help in setting this up. 

@picsoung build this demo, so he might be able to offer some advice on tracking your purchasers more in-depth. 

Hey, thanks I have already set up the quiz, you can view it here

It’s more so the tracking of conversions from the quiz that I would like to be able to set up. Is there a specific part of the video that covers this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nick Poole I believe you would then need to set up your own custom solution for this using cookies. Tagging @picsoung again for some help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Nick Poole 

Adding onto @Liz  suggestion

You could add a parameter to the redirect url on Typeform eg source=typeform.

Then on Shopify you simply check if the source parameter exists i.e if the source paramter is  equal to typeform...the user has come from Typeform...else they have come from Facebook