Answered

Limited visibility when typing response

• 28 September 2021
  • 5 replies

My survey participants have said that they can only see about 5 words of their response (text fields) at one time, making it hard to answer effectively.  Is there a way/setting that I need to change so they don’t have that issue?  

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 September 2021, 19:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Renee.Velderman Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like a strange issue. Do you have any screenshots of what they’re seeing to help us understand the issue better? Additionally, what device/browser are they answering your form on? 

One used Chrome and another used Edge.  It looks like the only seeing 5 words at a time was a bit of an exaggeration because you can certainly see more than that. Having to move your cursor back and forth to edit their answers was the issue.  Being able to see their whole response on the screen  at the same time would have made it easier/quicker for them to complete the survey.  

Thank you for responding back so quickly.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Renee.Velderman - it looks like you have used the short text instead of the long text question. the long text would give you more space and real estate for your users to enter info

des

@john.desborough - I used a combination of both short and long text questions and the respondents reported having the issue with both question types.  They wanted to be able to see more than just the one line of text as they typed.  Their work around was to type it in a word doc or other text format and copy and paste it into the survey so that they could preview their response and make sure it was accurate more easily.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Renee.Velderman - that’s not a perfect work around but at least that worked. tis strange though that it would happen .. i’ve not run into that other than using short answer instead of long.. 

good luck!