Question

massive drop off rate on welcome screen - any advice for how to reduce this?

• 4 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi community, 

I have a questionnaire which readers of my book are directed to so they can get some useful insight before they begin reading. I have noticed that the drop off rate on this new form (that has the same welcome screen as my previous version) is 89%  - which seems crazy. These are qualified folks who will have a copy of my book in their hands. 

Can anyone give me a steer on any best practise of what to avoid or include?

I have edited it slightly to make it super simple and brief.  I do ask for an email address in order to get the summary of insights at the end of the questionnaire, but that is the next screen and that’s a 25% drop off. 

Should I move the email ask until just before the end of the questionnaire? would that make a big difference? 

Any other advice from people who have encountered a similar situation?

Many thanks :) 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @burnsy Do you mind sharing the URL of the form so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

on this open forum or directly?  thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @burnsy If you can share it here, we can then take a look at the issue for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @burnsy don’t forget to share your form so we can take a look and try to help 😊

thanks Liz  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @burnsy Thank you!

My first big suggestions would be: 

1. If you have the form embedded on your website, I’d suggest spicing up the design a bit! For example, maybe the background is a shade of the book color or maybe adding images throughout the form will help engage the eyes. 
  2. I’d also suggest cutting back the text even more on the Welcome page. I know you’ve already cut it back a lot, but reducing it down to a sentence or two will help respondents dive right into the form. You could add the rest of the information you currently have on the welcome screen throughout the form, either in statements or descriptions of the questions. 

Hopefully this helps a bit! Let me if you use any of these suggestions.