Answered

Multi-select questions in the downloaded csv file

• 4 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have the problem with multi-select questions, the downloaded csv file does not include the question. Am I doing something wrong? or is this just an absurd flaw with typeform. I have to say I am used to using Qualtrics and first time using Typeform ie started at a new company.

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 October 2021, 20:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Nanna. Welcome to Typeform! =)

This is expected when downloading the CSV file. Depending on your needs, the report would work better. To generate yours, click on the "Generate a report" button in the Summary section, as shown here

Once you do that, you’ll find a beautifully presented, automatically generated report you can share with ease. I hope this helps! 

Hey @Nanna. Welcome to Typeform! =)

This is expected when downloading the CSV file. Depending on your needs, the report would work better. To generate yours, click on the "Generate a report" button in the Summary section, as shown here

Once you do that, you’ll find a beautifully presented, automatically generated report you can share with ease. I hope this helps! 

I need to generate field names in my airtable/sheets, how am I able to do this if the CSV that’s generated doesn’t have the correct questions? The solution you mentioned above doesn’t help me because for multi select questions I need all the data in one cell instead of individual columns. Is there any way to export the questions as individual rows as that would save me loads of time and make a lot of nocode workflows much, much easier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @justinoliver77 Welcome to the community! We don’t have different export options for the CSV file at this time, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

One suggestion would be to have a sheet where the Typeform data is coming in, and then have another sheet within the same file that formats the data as you would like.