Question

Need some help with interpreting insights: more Starts than Views

• 20 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi,

The Insights tab is reporting more Starts than Views on mobile devices. The amount of Starts are almost double the amount of Views, which isn't logical even if the Views are unique views only. I'm having a hard time interpreting this result. 

Is there any logical explanation or solution to this issue?

PS: On desktop devices the insights meet my expectations (more Views than Starts).

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marlies welcome to the community! Do you happen to be using the chat version of the form? Or only the regular version of the Typeform? 

Hi @Liz,

I'm using the regular version of the Typeform

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marlies Ah, that’s definitely strange then. We’ve seen this issue with the chat feature, but not the regular form. Would you mind contacting our support team here so they can help you further? They’ll be able to log into your account to see if they can spot anything strange!

Hi there, I have the same question; almost twice as many starts as views. My assumption is that if a users takes the quiz again, this is not seen as a new view, but might be counted as a new start. Does that make sense?

Anyway: I'd like to hear what the final verdict is. Could you post that answer here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marlies did you happen to hear back from the support team? :grinning:

Hi @Liz and @BW Mod,

I heard back from the support team, but I don't think this has answered my question so I'll have to try again. This was the answer I got:

Hey there Marlies thank you for your inquiry! 

Create on mobile is still in development, and some of our features are not mobile-ready yet. I will go ahead and forward your idea and suggestion on this feature to our Product & Development team who will consider it for future updates and improvements.

In the meantime, if you can read more about this on Create typeform on mobile

I hope this helps! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I see. Let us know what they reply with, @Marlies ! :grinning:

Hi @Liz,

I got a second reply but still not happy with the answer. So I sent out another question, I will keep you updated. Below you can find the response. 

Hey, there Marlies I do apologize for any misunderstanding in your inquiry! 

It's normal to have higher views than start depending on which platform the form is being viewed on and started. On the mobile platform, it is by default to have a Start so there will be a higher result naturally. 

I hope this helps clarify your question. Let me know if you have additional ones! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marlies Yes, keep us posted! :grinning: Our support team let us know they’ve escalated the ticket to their tech team, and if there’s anything else I can answer in the meantime, please let me know. :grinning: