Answered

New User contact form question

Hi All, 

I am new to Typeform and created a contact form. Since applying it to my website according to my account in Typeform I have had 2 responses but I don’t know how to access them? I haven’t had a email saying someone has filled out the form. 

Please help

Thanks 

Emma 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2021, 17:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@yorkshiresrose - welcome to the community from another user. 

so, answering the two questions in reverse order, assuming you are are on the New Builder version of typeform: 

• have you set up the email notifications to send you an email? the system won’t do that unless you configure it to do so. here are the steps:
    • click the gear icon on your screen to get to settings for your form
    • choose the Email Notifications option (see the image below), toggle it on for the system to send you a message, then create the email that you want - a hint: all answers is the fastest way to get everything sent to you in the email but you can customize it all you want

now to look at your results, with your survey open, click on the Results tab at the top of the screen and you should see some options to view your responses. 

hope this helps

des

Thank you so much. I didn’t have it set up to receive emails. So I did that and I did a test with the form using another email not connected to my account and I still did not receive anything. Also when I look under the results tab it registers as someone as viewed the form but not completed it. So confused! Thanks for all your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@yorkshiresrose - can you show a screenshot of how your email notification screen setup in the settings area. 

You should also look into your spam folder in the email - sometimes these types of notifications are sent there by our email filters/rules. if you find it there, simply tag the ‘sender’ as safe and the next time it should come into your mailbox. 

It may also take 5-10 minutes to get it processed and to you through the notification gateway at Typeform. I have only ever see close to simultaneous response notifications coming my way when i have been testing in the middle of the night in Canada - low usage on the platform. 

cheers

Thanks for the quick response. This is what my email notification box looks like and my results screen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So what i am seeing in the top photo is that you have views but no responses yet - no one has pushed the submit button, so you won’t get any responses via email until they do. Make sure that you ‘publish’ the form once you have updated with the email notification details and then walk through the ‘live version’ of the site to completion. 

des

Ah amazing!!! All fixed now. Thank you so much :)

you’re a life saver xxxxxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@yorkshiresrose - glad to be of service