Answered

No Delete Button?

Userlevel 1
I am trying to delete a test response that was submitted to my form before I generate a report for the results. I have seen in help articles that there is supposed to be a trash can icon next to the download icon so that I can delete the response, but I am not seeing that on my screen. I’ve included a screenshot of what I can see. Can anyone advise? Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 June 2022, 19:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi! I’m not sure what’s happening there. I’d expected to see a red delete button at the bottom of your screen when a response is selected. Can you test it on a response without any filters just to check if the button pops up for you?

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix the issue either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@City of Biddeford - i am not certain about this, but I think that you have to be the owner of the typeform account to be able to do this.. if you are not that person or logged in with that email and credentials, then you might not be able to do that. 

@jvh - do you know if that could be the limitation in this case??

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

That would be my best guess too but I’m not 100% confident about that.

@City of Biddeford are you the admin of the account and the typeform?

Userlevel 1

Upon further investigation, I don’t think we are the owner of the account, so you may be right about why we are having this issue. Our Typeform account was provided to us through a subscription we have to CitizenLab and it looks like the organization owns the account and has us added as a user.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that must be it then @City of Biddeford! Will you be able to get in touch with the owner of this account to ask them to delete the test response? 

Userlevel 1

Yes, I am! Problem is resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's great to hear @City of Biddeford! By the way, feel free to send us the link to your form if you want to get some helpful feedback on it! 😊