Answered

Optimizing the structure of the worksheet

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all,  We just created our first typeform and it looks nice and easy. Now we are challenged with the structure of the results. We are saving the results in a worksheet and the structure is growing with the typeform. Do you people have recommendations how restructuring works best in worksheets or databases? What is possible? What not? 

Thanks in advance for sharing your know how and experiences!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 20 April 2022, 13:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marike Happy Tuesday! Could you share a little more info on what’s working/what isn’t working? What are you looking to restructure and why? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Liz , thanks for getting back to me. 

Our typeform has grown and developed - only over days, but still a lot of things have already changed. All the results are saved in a worksheet. The order of the columns in the worksheet make our lives at the moment a little difficult as they seem very random and not logical. So, I would like to change the order of the columns and regroup it. I am not going to change any title or anything like that. Do you see any risk if I do that?

Thanks and best, 
Marike

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marike - what you should do is create another tab in the spreadsheet and change the order of the columns on that second tab. You can also rename the column headers from the ‘question text’ on the typeform created version to a new set of names that are shorter and make more sense. 

if you are using google sheets: to pull the data across each time a row is added from typeform you would need to use the arrayformula() function to pull the data from the appropriate column on the previous tab. 

hope this helps a little 

des