Answered

Passing answers to an external web page.

• 8 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Is it possible to pass the answers to our webpage after the user has finished the typeform ? I know we can redirect to our page but not sure how to pass the data.

Thanks,

Allen

icon

Best answer by Mariana 9 February 2021, 12:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Allen . Thanks for stopping by. :) 

The first item you’ll need to figure out is how the page you’re sending data to can receive the information. This may require some development knowledge, depending on where the data is going. 

Then, you can pass the data out of the form either through passing the information through a redirect URL or through our Responses or Webhooks API. You can find the developer documentation for those two here

Do you know what kind of webpage you’ll be sending the data to? For example, is it a page on your website or a page through a CRM system? 

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

It will be a page on our website. We will customize the page based on the answers.

How do we pass information through redirect URL? It seems to just redirect but I cannot find options to pass the information.

Thanks,

Allen

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Allen! =) You can use the recall information feature to bring information from the respondent when you're adding the redirect URL. Simply type @ and select the answer you'd like to bring or any hidden field you have.

Hope it helps! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Mariana. It is what we needed.

Regards,

Allen

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo! 🥳 That's great, @Allen! Thanks for marking the best answer. This will help other creators when checking this thread too! =) 

Hi @Allen and @Mariana how did you get this sorted?

I’ve embedded typeform onto a wordpress page and my form is set to redirect to my second page (while using the recall function). How can I retrieve that information on my second page? I just want to show the results of their qui. Is there a code I can enter which references the form/answer I want? Or maybe something much easier? 

Thank you!