Answered

People accessing wrong form

• 6 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two forms.  One form is for development purposes (version 9, aka v9), the other is for production purposes (version 10, aka v10).  Nowhere in my website is it linking or embedding the dev form.  It’s only loading v10 on production website, v9 is not being loaded or embedded anywhere.  Somehow we’re still seeing people taking and completing v9 while at same time v10 is also being taken and completed.  We’re at a complete loss at how v9 is being used.  Is there some kind of location we can look at to see origin traffic to see referring traffic, see where they’re coming from?

I’ve closed v9 form and added a message encouraging people to take v10 instead for now.

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 December 2022, 16:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @richard m If you don’t have the UTM fields enabled and correctly passed into the form, it won’t be possible to see the source. One thing to also consider is that, if the respondents were emailed this form or sent this form via another method a while back, they can still access that URL. Closing the form (as you’ve already done) is the only way to prevent new responses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @richard m hope you’re doing well, let us know if you need any more help with this, hopefully Liz’s reply helped 🙏