Answered

Personnalisation of the sender in self notification

• 29 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi evrybody ! 

I’ve created a typeform for a client who to receive email notifications for each respondant. I settled all this thanks to you tuto ✅👌

But know, he would like that the sender of the email notification corresponds to the respondant email. So for instance, if John answers the typeform he gets a notification from john@mail.com  (so the sender changes for each respondant)… Is this possible ? And if so how ? 

Hope everything is clear :) ! 

Thank you 🙂

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 August 2022, 13:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @LauraPJTQ! Welcome to the Typeform Community!

Do you want the respondent to get a notification on their own email after they submit the typeform? Just making sure I understand your question before coming up with a solution. 

Wishing you a great weekend! 😊

Hello Gabi ! 

Than you for your quick answer !

Actually no, I don’t want the respondent to get the notification. I’ll try to make it cleared 😉 :  

I settled email notifications on my typeform. So each time I have a new respondent I receive an email. Currently, I managed to change the subject of this email notification, and also to who I send the notifications. But when I receive the notification, it’s automatically sent by “notifications@typeform.com”. Is there a way that this sender “notifications@typeform.com” become the email of the respondent ?

For example : John Smith filled the form, he left his email (john@gmail.com), I receive the email notification that I have this new respondent : instead of receiving the notification from “notifications@typeform.com” is it possible that the sender of this email notification is directly john@gmail.com ?

I linked the notifications to my CRM, so having the email address of the respondent as the sender, would help me to link directly his answers to the form to its contact detail if he already exists in our base. 

I hope it’s clearer, but if not do not hesitate to telle me 😊

Have a nice day ! 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LauraPJTQ - the short answer is no. Typeform cannot change the email address from which the notification comes. 

the folks from Typeform may be able to provide a more detailed rationale but it is not something that is possible at this time. 

des

Thank you @john.desborough !

You made it perfectly clear and now I know this is not an option 🙂

Thanks for the help and have a nice day ! 

Badge

s there any possibility to change (or at least hide) the email notifications@typeform.com from which the follow-up email is sent?

Throughout the entire quiz we have created, we only mention our Brand and the user never sees Typeform. Therefore, we are concerned that they may not trust the email (especially because the quiz is about online security and we advise against considering emails from unknown addresses...).

Could you suggest a solution, please?

Thanks!

Annalisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @annalisa I’ve added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 

One suggestion would be to use one of our integrations, such as Mailchimp, or Zapier to send the notification emails from your own domain.