Answered

Post-registration problem

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I received this feedback from a person who completed our form and I can’t find a reason for it. It’s a multi-step registration form.

“I completed the registration. But after the completion, it does not renew the page and my name stays on screen.”

I’ve contacted the person for more specific info, that’s what I know now. I’m able to complete the form without any problems, I used this troubleshooting process:

I signed out of Typeform and used Safari / Firefox / Chrome browsers on my Mac desktop and also iPhone, filled out the form using different 5 email addresses. Each time I responded with different answers. If I didn't answer, the form prompted me to reply and I had to choose an answer. I submitted the form and each time I got the Thank you end page message. All my efforts are recorded as Submissions on Typeform.

Any ideas on this?  Thanks :)

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 December 2022, 18:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ASKA Happy little Friday! I’m not quite sure I understand the issue. Should the respondent be redirected to a new page after they submit the form? It sounds like they’re seeing the ending screen, but just want to make sure I understand!

Hi Liz!

Thanks for responding. After completing the form the person should just see the ending screen, which thanks them, and there’s no redirect. This is the form: https://askadrive-fly.typeform.com/ASKAOnDemand

As I wrote before, I tested the form using different emails and I don’t have the problem this person described…

“I completed the registration. But after the completion, it does not renew the page and my name stays on screen.”

There’s nothing to “renew” and no name should be on the page.

BTW, is there a way to setup the form so it accepts only valid emails and phone numbers? I’ve seen this feature on some online forms and wonder if I can do this on Typeform.

I appreciate your help,

Patricia

Hello Liz and any others looking at this question,

An update on the issue: the form was originally intended to be shared as a link with individual people. It was explained to me that idea now is to put the form on an iPad so it can be used continuously for registration at an event. Someone completes and submits the registration form. The form pops up again and is ready for the next person who wants to register. So the form needs to ‘refresh’ on the iPad and be ready for the next person to complete.  I’ll check Help topics but if anyone has done this or has suggestions, much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ASKA Ah got it, thanks! It sounds like the form is set to an end screen, but it’s not redirecting. Essentially, you’ll need to set up the form to redirect to the beginning, so in the redirect URL settings, you’ll enter the URL for the form. 

As for accepting valid emails and phone numbers, we don’t have an automatic check for this, but for email, the post below may help: 

Thanks a lot Liz! 🙂 That’s very helpful. I also found this tutorial on setting up the form on an iPad. I think/hope we’re set.

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/create-a-typeform-kiosk-using-an-i-phone-or-i-pad-360029263412/