Answered

Price variable doesn't show up in email notification

• 9 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I set up a form to order and pay for products and everything works well. The @price variable shows up in the payment question and the amount is ok.

BUT, the “notify respondent” email, when sent to responder, always show @price variable as 0.

Here’s the text in the “notify respondent” field.

“Ciao @Nome e Cognome (o ragione sociale),

Grazie per avere acquistato i quaderni del pensare!

Se hai scelto di pagare con bonifico ricordati di fare il bonifico e inviare la contabile a posta@casadelcuculo.org.

I dati per il bonifico sono:

Iban:intestato a Casa del cuculo Soc. Coop.

Causale: "Quaderno del pensare (Nome e Cognome)”

L'importo totale è @price

Se hai scelto l'invio tramite posta o corriere spediremo il tuo ordine a breve.”

Here’s what they get

“Ciao Marcello Di Camillo
Grazie per avere acquistato i quaderni del pensare!

Se hai scelto di pagare con bonifico ricordati di fare il bonifico e inviare la contabile a posta@casadelcuculo.org.
I dati per il bonifico sono:
Iban:  intestato a Casa del cuculo Soc. Coop.
Causale: "Quaderno del pensare (Nome e Cognome)”
L'importo totale è 0
Se hai scelto l'invio tramite posta o corriere spediremo il tuo ordine a breve.”

Any thoughs about how to fix this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Sara Galeotti 13 December 2021, 12:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sara Galeotti Happy Thursday! I hope you’re doing well. Could you send a screenshot of how you’re setting up the price variable, either in the logic jumps or variables? 

One other thing I want to mention is that it’s against our terms and conditions to collect banking information, so you’ll need to remove these questions from your form. You can read more about this here

Hi Liz, I had a chat with your customer service and apparently there is no way to mention the price variable in the notify email. It is only linked to the payment question.

About the banking information: I’m not collecting any banking information through the form, only asking how they want to pay and offering them the bank transfer option which does not collect any banking information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sara Galeotti Ah, good to know! Thank you!

In the form, you’ll want to remove the IBAN question as to not interfere with the terms and conditions. If you have any other questions about that, our compliance team can also help answers those through chat or email! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sara Galeotti - if you want to pass the “value” of the price variable, you could create another variable as a placeholder for the same currency amount, say ‘v_price’, and set it to the same amount as price. This would be available to send in the notification email. 

just a thought

des

@Sara Galeotti - if you want to pass the “value” of the price variable, you could create another variable as a placeholder for the same currency amount, say ‘v_price’, and set it to the same amount as price. This would be available to send in the notification email. 

just a thought

des

Thanks for this tip @john.desborough this has helped us send the price through via email.

However the issue still remains that the price isn’t being stored in the backend ‘Responses’ of Typeform, nor is the price being sent to our client’s Google Sheet.

Like Sarah, we’ve build a form to create a quote. The user can choose to pay using Typeform’s checkout or to simply be invoiced later by our client.

The problem we’re having is the total price (and now the ‘v-price’ I have created) aren’t being stored anywhere else, only in email!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok so tuning off the integration and setting up Google Sheets again seemed to make it work.

Out of interest… Why won’t Typeform send the ‘Price’ to Google Sheets? Or even store it as an answer in ‘Responses’? Seems a really weird thing not to do...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RadicalRooster - glad you got it to work.