Answered

Problem downloading results in multiple choice options

Userlevel 3

Hi, my typeform has the possibility of unlimited multiple choice answers (question 4), and when you select one it takes you to another section with unlimited multiple choice answers also (question 5), and then you go back to the original question (question 4) and repeat the process of choosing another option that takes you to questions 6, 7, 8 9. The problem is that when I download results, it only downloads the last selection made in question 4.

what am I missing?

thanks

icon

Best answer by valladolid00 16 March 2021, 16:35

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @valladolid00@icloud.com ,

Do you have a screencast you can share here? I would like to help if possible but I’m not sure I understand the logic jump. Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Hi @vickioneill 

Let me share with you some screenshots.

The “jumps” let me go from screen to screen, but when I run the typeform and ask for results, the only answer I get is the last one I marked in question number 4.

thanks

Userlevel 3

@vickioneill more screenshots

About jumps en question 4:

About question númer 5 (and 6, 7 , 8)….

Userlevel 3

@vickioneill Let me see if I can explain what I want to do

1. Select an option in question 4
  2. Jump to question 4, 5, 6 or 7 depending on answer 4
  3. Select multiple choice in 4, 5, 6 or 7
  4. Return to question 4
  5. Select any other option if needed and repeat process (points 3 and 4)
  6. Go to final page and save

When I go to “Results”, the only answer I get is the last option marked in question 4 before I finished the survey.

Thanks

Rodolfo

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@valladolid00 - this from another user:

One of the issues with Typeform is using logic jumps to go “backwards” to a prior question - it is not supported officially. (one of the Typeform resources who monitors this community can give a better response that I can)

I had a similar scenario where i wanted to be able to loop back in an order-entry process to the start of the ordering workflow (ie which shirt do you want? what size? how many? do you want to order another?) but the loop-back logic would not work. 

what i had to do was to replicate the work flow as a second question group then a third question group with a yes/no question at the end of the first and second asking: do you want to order another? then either branching to the next order entry question or to the summary of the order and checkout process. (i limited folks to only ordering 3 shirts in a give order process cuz i did not want to build out any more logic)

during one of the “Office Hours” events, I had the good folks from Typeform look at the scenario and see if there was something that could be done to get the loop-back to work with one question set, but it was not possible to come up with a resolution in the current version of the tool. Onto the product enhancement request board!

You may need to look at this as the work around for what you are trying to achieve. (I would link you to the sample version of the process I worked out but at the moment i am writing this, the admin portion of Typeform is down and I cannot access the link to share. I will post an update when that is resolved with the link)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing the extra information, @valladolid00 . I have not created this type of loop before but it sounds like from @john.desborough that it’s a challenge to do with the current features. 

@Liz and @Mariana are very helpful and might be able to provide additional insights into this one. 

My apologies for not being more helpful, Rodolfo!

Userlevel 3

@john.desborough  thanks

I thought about replicating question 4, but I did it with a complete block followed by question 4, so the "backwards" problem remained.
I will do the test by interleaving question 4 (replicas) with options 5, 6, 7 and 8... 

Thanks

Userlevel 3

thanks for your time @vickioneill !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@valladolid00 @vickioneill

here is the link to the sample that i walked through 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I like that, @john.desborough ! Thanks for sharing the link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I like that, @john.desborough ! Thanks for sharing the link. 

@vickioneill - lemme know if you want to actually order a shirt lol.. i will send you the live link!! 

(shameless side-gig promotion a la Mike Meyers)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello everyone! 

Thank you @john.desborough and @vickioneill for your help! 🤩 

@valladolid00 I just wanted to clarify something in case it's not clear: every time you add a logic jump to jump back to a question that already has a response, the user will actually "change" the option they had selected previously. Meaning, if they had selected option #2 but then they select #5 the second time… It's expected the 1st time won't be recorded because the respondent "changed" their response from 2 to 5. 

The workaround @john.desborough suggested would be the best solution to solve this! :hugging:

Userlevel 3

Hi @Mariana  that's the problem I was facing, previous answers were not being saved.

I finally solved it by following @john.desborough suggestion, repeating the main menu as many times as necessary.

Thank you all!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's awesome @valladolid00! Thanks for confirming :hugging:  I'm so glad to hear this has been solved!!!