Question

Question with long dropdown skips

• 3 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a question asking respondents what country they live in. Several respondents have complained that when they scroll down to their country, the questions skips to the next question. 

Initially, I assumed it was a phone issue but I just checked on my brand new iPhone13 Pro Max and it does the same thing. Is there a workaround? Should I change the question to a multiple choice instead of using the dropdown?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Som_Dasgupta Could you share the URL of your form so we can test this? If you have the form embedded on your website, we’ll need that URL. 

Liz - there were too many complaints, and people were simply picking the first available country, so I had to change the question to a multiple choice type, so resolve the issue. I lost all the country responses for almost 413 responses, but I had downloaded all the responses into excel so I will simply do the analysis offline in Excel.

Here is the link to the form. It is curious that no one complained for about a week when it was live, and only since the last 2 days every respondent has been complaining.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Som_Dasgupta ! I just gave this a test with the multiple choice, and it worked well for me. 

If you have another copy of the form with the dropdown, I’d be happy to test it for you. 

Also, what’s the cooking app, if you’re willing to share? I really need to get upgrade my cooking skills. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Som_Dasgupta! How are you doing today? Do you happend to have another copy of the form with the dropdown so we can test this one as well? 

P.S. Please, give us more details about your cooking app! We're curious to know more about it! Or you can share your use case over here: