Answered

Quiz results to customers via Klaviyo?

• 18 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, friends! I have been searching and reading the Community posts for quite a while and still feel confused how I can send quiz results to my customers via Klaviyo?

I have created a quiz with just 4 results - you can see the current version with results pages “baked in” here.

From what I’ve read so far it sounds like I will need to use Zapier and then should create 4 Klaviyo lists with coordinating flows with an email that reveals quiz resutls to the customer… but how would I make sure the email address ends up on the correct list within Klaviyo based on their quiz outcome?

Feel free to direct me if this has been answered elsewhere - many thanks, all!

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 November 2021, 00:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yourmom welcome to the community! If you use the filters feature in Zapier, this should correctly place the respondent in the corresponding list in Klaviyo based on the filters you set. 

For example, you would set the filter to look something like this (based on your questions): 

and then, it would only continue if it matches the responses. 

A very, very detailed (and a bit more advanced than you’d need) version of this can be found in our Workspace Invaders post here: 

Granted, they’re sending to a different app and needing to use webhooks, but the process is essentially the same for filtering and sending accordingly to Klaviyo. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Okaayyyy I got the Zaps set up to the different lists but am having a ton of trouble figuring out the correct filter data because it seems like development gobble-ty gook….. anyone else have insight on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

for example…

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It seems like the “Outcome ID” or “Outcome Title” would be the determinant but I can’t find a variable to connect it with :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

In case anyone is following…. I posted a follow up question herre: 

Badge

Cool but there is a problem with the outcome quizz : 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @altavia-act! Hope you're having a nice day! What is the problem with the outcome quiz? Let us know if you need any help! 

Badge

Hey @Gabi Amaral

It’s not really a problem, it’s more a typeform constraint.

In our case we are trying to build a ‘decision tree’ with 4 questions for which we except an unique answer for each one. We have an excel with 946 unique combinaisons of answers which lead to 60 different endings. Several unique combinaisons can lead to the same ending.

We tried to tackle this by using the ‘outcome quiz’ which is limited by the constraint that combinaison order isn’t take in consideration and the ending result will be shown by order. 

We should be able to create different unique combinaison by ending, meaning : 

• Q1
    • B
    • C
  • Q2
    • A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
  • Q3
    • A
    • B
    • C
    • D
  • Q4
    • A
    • B
    • C
    • D

Based on this config and on the fact that only one answer is expected by question, we should have 336 unique combinaisons. So if the answers are :

• Q1:A - Q2:B - Q3:A Q4:A → the result is AAFD → display ending A
  • Q1:B - Q2:A - Q3:B Q4:B → the result is BABB → display ending A
  • Q1:B - Q2:C - Q3:D Q4:D → the result is AAFD → display ending B
  • Q1:C - Q2:B - Q3:D Q4:D → the result is CBDD → display ending C
  • etc

There isn’t any possibility to concatenate data in txt variables. This might solve our issue once for good 🙆🏻

So right now, we used a workaround by creating different variables for each questions q_1, q_2, q_3, q_4 and we setup all the logic conditions in the last question : 

if q_1 == 5 AND q_2 == 12 AND q_3 == 10 AND q_4 == 5 jump to ending C

Which is a heavy workload when you have to setup 946 combinaisons (even less) 🤯.

We are very annoyed because we taken the decision to use typeform instead of developing the Form from scratch. We lost so much time to try to find a way to handle our needs. 

If you have any idea 💡 to guide us towards an easiest way to handle ‘decision tree’.

Cheers ✌🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I understand @altavia-act! In fact, that'd be a lot of work! I'm tagging here @john.desborough and @Liz so they can check your use case and maybe offer some suggestions (they are amazing at coming up with cleaver workarounds!). Don't forget to send the URL of your form as well! 

Badge

Thanks a lot @Gabi Amaral , ping @john.desborough @Liz 

Here the links : 

Outcome quizz mode who don’t come to the good end

https://actstar.typeform.com/skindiagnosisfr#language=xxxxx

branching and calculations (with 1 variable by question), work in progress, 462 conditions to 26 ending (goal is 946 to 60 ending):

https://actstar.typeform.com/to/N7LFAedu#language=xxxxx

We can share in private the link of the google sheet with the conditions :-)

Hope you can help us or for the next time

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@altavia-act @Gabi Amaral @Liz - i have done a similar quiz for a client in the same industry sector. They have 12 possible outcomes, 8 questions: there were 4,200+ logic rules in the form including a tie-breaker question. 

there is no ‘fast’ solution to getting through it given the way that logic rules are implemented in the tool.