Answered

Remove a question from showing on second time a user submits the form

• 20 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a cancellation form, where I want a user who cancels for the first time to be showed a question. However, after submitting the cancellation once and then coming back at a future time to cancel for a second time, I’d like for a question in the sequence not to show to them.

Is there a way to prevent the question from showing the second time they cancel? Perhaps, this can be done by looking at their email and if it’s a duplicate of an old submission then remove a question from being displayed in the sequence.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 April 2022, 17:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @j34567 Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 😀

How are you sending the respondent to your form? Do you have the form within a website or app? If so, you could try passing a hidden field into the form, and then set a logic jump to show a question accordingly. For example, you could pass a value in a hidden field that states this is the second cancellation, and then show a different question if that value is present in the hidden field.

This article here can walk you through setting logic jumps based on hidden fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @j34567! Were you able to check Liz' reply above? I believe it might be helpful to take a look in the article she sent on how to set up logic jumps based on hidden fields. Don't forget to let us know if it worked for you! 😁