Skip to main content

When we have 2 or more hidden fields, the Typeform survey url generated on Publish, has the url query parameters in the same order that they appear in the ‘hidden fields’ screen

https://acme.typeform.com/to/He4vwwmH#chapter_location=xxxxx&client_id=xxxxx&first_name=xxxxx&last_name=xxxxx&client_email=xxxxx

If I want to add a new hidden field, the ‘+ Add new field’ will add it after the ‘client_email’ in the above screenshot and so does in the url generated. I understand, I can edit the url for the end user and put the parameter in the order I wish. However, I would like to reorder the fields in the ‘Hidden fields’ UI so that the generated url matches the order too.

Issue: If I want to add a new hidden field but should come first in the generated url, then I have to first delete the existing hidden fields and then add them back all in the desired order. The another side effect of this is that on deleting a hidden field, all references to it in the questions are removed. Adding the field back in the ‘Hidden field’ does not bring the reference back in the question.

Ask: Provide a drag/drop/reorder the fields functionality in the ‘Hidden fields’ screen.

Please consider adding the same functionality to the custom fields list too.

Hi @jervin31 This is an interesting request. You are right that there isn’t an option to reorder the hidden fields in the builder. Do you mind sharing your use case for wanting to rearrange them? I can then share this with our product team!

Hi @Liz, we want the url query parameters in a ‘known’ order. It makes it easy to eyeball. Plus when the runtime url is long in the browser address bar, we know that the most significant fields are visible (in case the browser hides some part of the url due to screen size).

Oh got it, thanks @jervin31 ! That makes sense. I’ll share this with the product team!