Answered

Required questions not working?

Badge

Some of the required questions on my form are not working. I’ve had multiple submissions to the form in which some required questions are left unanswered. Anyone know how this happens? And how I can fix this glitch? Now I have to go back and email the people who didn’t respond to the required question.

icon

Best answer by Gabi Amaral 18 August 2021, 10:32

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @abigail Thanks for reaching out and happy Monday! Are any of the required questions being skipped over by logic jumps? 

Badge

Thank you for your quick reply! How would I know if they’re being skipped by logic jumps? I’m not familiar with how that happens on a typeform.

Badge

I had someone who filled out the form report this “I tried to change the rooming situation and it kicked me out of the application.” This is the question (the rooming question) that should be required but isn’t being required. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@abigail Do you mind sending a screenshot of the logic jumps you have setup? I can then take a peek there to see if the required questions are being skipped over. :) 

Badge
This is what it looks like, but the catch is that when a student answers question 26 without selecting any of the options, they are sent to the end “thank you for applying...”. I want them to have to answer question 28 regardless. 

Badge

Ok I might have solved it by requiring question 26...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, glad to hear that worked, @abigail ! Let us know if you run into any other issues with logic jumps. :) 

Hi all, we've had a few survey respondents on mobile and desktop devices be able to scroll past mandatory questions and still submit their form. How can we stop people from scrolling past mandatory questions best?

We have advanced logic set up between each question as we need the advanced logic feature in our survey, but have no way to stop consumers of the survey from scrolling past each question at all on mobile or desktop devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @BamBam! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

I've moved your question to this topic where you'll be able to find some answers. 

You need to make sure your Logic Jumps are not set up in a way that someone could skip your required questions. Otherwise, people will be able to submit your typeform without answering the required questions. This is because when Logic Jumps are used to skip questions, the typeform behaves as if those questions don’t exist.:wink:

Make sure to refer to this article to understand this case a little bit better. 

If you're still not able to make it work now, can you send us a screenshot of the logic you're using? This way, it'll be easier to understand what went wrong!

Wishing you a great day! :sunny:

Badge

Hello! I have the same problem - even though all questions require answers, you can still scroll past them and make a payment. This is a problem because we need at minimum the names and contact details of people making payments. The link above directs me to a general help page. Can anyone advise exactly how logic jumps may allow this and how to set them up so that respondents can’t skip, please? 

Many thanks! 
Fran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FrankElixx I’ve answered you in your thread! :grinning: