Answered

Reset Survey Data

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I’ve been testing my survey as I’ve been designing it… so have a lot of bogus data.

How do I reset all of the data so when I send it for real, the stats are accurate?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mariana 19 March 2021, 10:21

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @susanliddy. Happy Friday! :hugging:

While we don't have a way to remove the stats, you can duplicate the form and the duplicated version won't display any result. Then, you can share it with your respondents :)

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Deleting all your responses should work and should also reset the stats under summary tab.

In the Results tab, under response, pick the responses you want to delete or select them all and then click the delete button

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That’s quite weird to not be able to purge the stats. I think this should be added because most surveys will be tested heavily before. Then you’d mess the statistics of the testing with the real data up. 

Doing the copy&paste thing is a way, but it is not optimal, because (in my case I have two surveys working together), you’d need to exchange links which is prone to errors. Why not enable a way to reset the statistics?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jonas Agreed! We can share this feedback to our product team for you. I’d also encourage you to post your request for the feature below, too. :grinning:

Before publishing a form, we make lots of tests and this influences the Drop-off rate.
Deleting responses does not affect the insight page and I’m wondering if there’s a way to reset it.
Someone knows if there’s a way to reset the insight page data? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Paulo. Happy Friday! :) 

I moved your question here so you can check the conversation above. Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - from a fellow user here 

just a thought on what i have done: once i have finished my testing and ready to push the survey live, i duplicate the structure and publish the new, ‘empty’ survey so that the results are not skewed by the test data. 

not perfect but this has been my work around.. also allows me to continue testing variants as i evolve the survey. 

des

Hi @Mariana and @john.desborough 

Thank you so much for the help!

I was so focued in “delete” or “reset” the insights data that never occurred to me duplicate a form and publish the new one. It’s a elegant workaround and I’m going to use it right now. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Amazing, @Paulo! Glad to hear that =)

Hello, I have created my first Typeform. I want clean data not clouded by the practice responses I’ve put in while testing the quiz out. I’ve deleted my response data, it took a few minutes to wipe but that’s now clean. However, the ‘views’ and ‘starts’ is still showing - is there any way to get rid of this? Or give typeform my IP address so it never records data from my devices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Victoria. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

I moved your question here so you can check the whole conversation where the answer is =) Hope this helps!

Hi!

I’ve been testing my survey as I’ve been designing it… so have a lot of bogus data.

How do I reset all of the data so when I send it for real, the stats are accurate?

Thanks!

This solution is really not an option, if you want to perform serious testing before, if you have a more complexe integration, for example an email intergration.

Please, @Mariana just add the function to reset the data. 

Thanks

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RobertMuc Thanks for the feedback! I’ll share this with our product team. As noted above, this isn’t a feature we have, but the workaround will work for the time being. :)

Userlevel 1

While duplicating does work, it would be much more user friendly to have a simple button to click to remove past analytics data.

Especially when your Typeform is integrated into some web app and you are working with developers that have to push code changes in multiple environments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @kirkn ! We’ll share this feedback. :grinning:

Userlevel 1

Careful, duplicating the survey doesn't really work as many of your custom edits such as buttons, notifications won’t be duplicated. The “Big Picture” data is cleared out but you’ve got to figure out what doesn't come over, i.e., gets duplicated. Clearing this summary data out is pretty basic functionality as almost every use case has test data I would imagine, and duplication isn't duplication if it isn't duplicating. Ya know...

I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST duplicating a form in order to reset the data! We just went through that because of the advice here. It *MAY* work if you have a stupid simple form, but if you are integrating with other apps, or especially using Zapier don’t clone it!!!

After we cloned, we realized that our Zapier needed to be reconnected with the new (cloned) form in TypeForm and needles to say doing that absolutely messed up our Zap. All the data from the old form was invalid, so we would have to go through and replace them all. Which we didn’t, we reverted back to the original form.

Also, any standard integration gets removed from the cloned form … why?!?!?!

Seriously, just bite the bullet and DO NOT CLONE your form if you have anything slightly advanced set up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nickmartin - keep in mind that this ‘duplicating’ is the form only.. as you rightly pointed out.. not the ‘eco-system’ into which you are plugging the form.

Typeform is not capable of replicating all the components of a given ‘eco-system’ into which you have connected the form. Typeform can’t possibly ‘imagine’ why you want to duplicate the form - is it to move it from dev to test to qa to production? is it to use for another client?

If we follow some basic design-build-test-deploy processes then we should expect that there are going to be these sorts of ‘re-connects’ that need to be done throughout the project lifecycle and plan for them. I make this clear up front to my clients that we are going to have to go through this process as part of the implementation process and to account for the time, effort and costs associated. 

just my tuppence

des

@nickmartin - keep in mind that this ‘duplicating’ is the form only.. as you rightly pointed out.. not the ‘eco-system’ into which you are plugging the form.

Typeform is not capable of replicating all the components of a given ‘eco-system’ into which you have connected the form. Typeform can’t possibly ‘imagine’ why you want to duplicate the form - is it to move it from dev to test to qa to production? is it to use for another client?

If we follow some basic design-build-test-deploy processes then we should expect that there are going to be these sorts of ‘re-connects’ that need to be done throughout the project lifecycle and plan for them. I make this clear up front to my clients that we are going to have to go through this process as part of the implementation process and to account for the time, effort and costs associated. 

just my tuppence

des

I hear what you are saying, and that’s also just my warning to others. If you use Zapier to send Typeform data to other apps, then when you switch forms in Zapier you need to redo all the steps where you use TypeForm data in your zap. 

Is this still not possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adam Taylor This isn’t a feature we offer, but if that changes, you’ll see an update in the community here. 😀

Hey @Liz - from this thread, the ability to reset data seems like a highly requested feature with a strong use case. Considering many typeform users need to test forms before deploying them, this feature is close to a must have.

For our organisations typeform usage, I’m finding this bottleneck a huge constraint on our ability to test and iterate. I’m considering moving our org to another form provider which allows for data resetting.

I hope the product team at typeform considers this in their roadmapping process. Quick win.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@holstons Thank you for sharing that - I really appreciate it! 

Hey there Typeform Support Team!

I wanted to reach out and chat about a little issue I've been having. So, when I'm creating quizzes on your platform, I can see the test results, which has led to me getting a bunch of bogus data that's messing with my actual results.

I saw that another user had a similar problem, and they were advised to duplicate their form to avoid showing any results. But honestly, that doesn't seem like the best solution to me, as it doesn't really solve the root problem.

Is there any way you guys could add a feature that lets me hide test results while I'm creating a quiz? That would be super helpful and would save me a bunch of time and effort.

Thanks so much for your help, and I really appreciate all the work you guys do to make Typeform awesome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ozenc Thanks for reaching out and happy Monday! I can certainly pass along this feedback to the product team. In the meantime, I would definitely suggest using the workaround of duplicating the quiz. 😀