Answered

Respondent Email Info - Important

• 16 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I created an email that includes a link to my Typeform survey.
Is there a way to get the user emails address that is connected to each survey and view it on the results tab? I need this information in order to monitor the users’ details without asking them to fill in their email address. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Grace 17 May 2023, 10:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @uri zur how’s it going?

If you already have the email information and don’t want to include asking for that in your typeform, you could use hidden fields to pass that information through the typeform so when you look at your results you know who has answered 😊

Thanks Grace,

I read about hidden fields and it does seem this will work for us. I followed the steps for integration with Klaviyo, our CRM in this case. As we spoke on earlier, The use case is gathering the email of your respondent (so you know who completed the Typeform), but I didn’t find the exact instructions for accomplishing this. 

Can you explain what I need to do after adding the hidden field (email) to the survey and publishing? When I tested with the new link, the email of the respondent didn't appear in the results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@uri zur - a couple of thoughts:

• when  you create the hidden field in the typeform and publish the form, the link that is created has the ending of  variablename=xxxxx  if you used email as the hidden variable name it would be email=xxxxx
  • if you are using your crm to send the email to the user, with the link to the typeform, you would need to change the ‘xxxxxx’ string to be the way that Klaviyo requires to pull a data field into the string.. it might be something like {user.email} - find the format required and replace the xxxxx 

when you send the email off to the user, the crn will put the email address into the url and that will be captured in the typeform. 

des

Thank you, I’ll check it.