Answered

Results in PDF: How to create a chart in Google slide from Google Spreadsheets

• 21 October 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to automatically send an email with attached PDF showing the individual results of the recipient. I got to the point of connecting Google spreadsheets to Google slides, using Document studio. Ultimately, google slides will be converted to PDF and then send to the recipient. 

Now, how do I automatically create a bar/chart in Slides, using the data in spreadsheets? E.g., I have several questions answered by a 1-10 score. In stead of showing the answer as a number, how is it shown as a chart? It has to be on individual level.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 October 2021, 20:54

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rosemary Lovely name! :) Welcome to the community! I believe @john.desborough has more experience setting this up than I do and may be able to offer you some pointers. :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, I would love to hear @john.desborough 's experience and tips if he has some! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Rosemary  - funny you should ask this at the moment. I am working on this solution for a client. I will post one possible approach to solving this later this evening after i finish off some client work and end of day parental responsibilities.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough what a nice coincidence :). I am very much looking forward to reading the possible solution. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks in advance, @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rosemary @Liz -- sometimes life and the need for another coffee get in the way. 

here is a simple example of how you can make it work… have a peek while i do some other client work and drink another/the inevitable coffee lol.. 

oh.. you will have to enter a valid email address to see the example. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough This is exactly what I had in mind 🙂. Maybe I am missing something, but my question is, how do I create this myself? I have made the Typeform, and connected it to Google spreadsheets and then to Google slides, using Document studio. I don't know how to get the graph? Oh, and enjoy the coffee :)  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rosemary - here’s a short video that shows how it was done .. there are a few things that i included for folks who have not managed to use Document Studio before but hopefully you can see how this is done..

full transparency: this ‘spoofs’ a bar chart (creating a ‘canned’ image that is fed data based on a filter for the current row only that dynamically updates the chart embedded in a Google Slide IS possible, but is a complicated little beast.. this is an easier approach) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough Thank you very much, you absolutely rocked my day! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @john.desborough !! Glad this helped, @Rosemary ! :sunglasses: