Answered

Results not being recorded when submit button clicked

• 17 September 2022
  • 4 replies

When I preview my typeform and click ‘submit’ after finishing all the questions no results are recorded.What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 September 2022, 00:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lboehm - preview mode is basically a simulation. it will not record the results until you publish the form and look at it from the ‘share’ link 

if you want to see what would be submitted, insert a statement page temporarily and use the @recall function to display the details on the statement page. 

just a thought to help debug any issues. 

des

Thanks for the information. I’ll publish and try again.

I have another typeform that I tested integrating with google sheets that pulled results to the google sheet through an integration which also showed responses under results while still in preview mode. It worked with this one as well when I tested it last week as I have two responses showing in results that populated when ‘submitting’ through preview but now that I’ve worked more on the form and updated the endings nothing is flowing through to google sheets or results. Just wondering why this would not work now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

preview should not record results. see the black bar at the bottom of the screen. 

i just ran a test on 4 old forms and a newly created form after ensuring that google sheets connection existed. NONE of them wrote data to the results table nor their associated google sheet. 

keep in mind that after any changes you need to hit publish again to get a live link accessed form to record all the data 

Thank you again :)