Answered

RESULTS: What is difference between submissions and responses?

• 22 October 2021
  • 17 replies

What is the difference between “Submissions” and “Responses” in the Results? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 October 2021, 17:33

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wamblin happy Friday! They should be the same thing, but if there’s somewhere that’s confusing, send over a screenshot and I can take a better look at what you’re referencing!

I have the same issue! I have 28 submissions but only 18 responses. Super confusing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I see! Thanks! Those should be the same numbers but if you delete any responses, the number under ‘submissions’ won’t update, @wamblin .

Hi Liz, 

We’re having the same issue and our stats are below, is there anyway to retrieve those submissions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SOUP thanks for posting the screenshot! Did you delete previous submissions? If so, once those responses are deleted, it is not possible to recover them. 

Hi @SOUP thanks for posting the screenshot! Did you delete previous submissions? If so, once those responses are deleted, it is not possible to recover them. 

Hi Liz, no we’ve not deleted any - I’ve posted a separate thread with more details here: https://community.typeform.com/search/activity/topics?userid=9575 - this is potentially a lot of leads that we’re missing!

We can see from drop offs that 42 people got to the end question, which would make sense looking at the figures above, but we haven’t had the responses through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @SOUP . I’ll respond to your thread. :grinning:

Hello, I am facing the same issue, the responses do not match the submissions. 

How can I access the missing 6 responses? 

Thank you!! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maru L. Have you deleted any responses? If so, the number won’t update on the insights. 

Hello Liz,

we have the same issue. No, we haven’t deleted any response.

This situation can jeopardize the relationship with customers. We work with high profile, small groups and to ask them to fill again a survey is not something we want to do. 

Why there is a difference between submission and results? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nh80 If you haven’t deleted any results, I would then contact our support team here with the form URL to have them take a closer look at the issue. 

Hi Liz, we also have the same issue and after reading all the previous comments and the timeframe it seems that it’s a bug that is there for a while.

We wanted to push this form to our audience but it’s crucial to understand what’s happening prior!

See our below screenshot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Roeland Did you delete any responses? If so, this is expected behavior. The data in the Insights will still appear with all the result data, even if you deleted a result. The Responses tab will update accordingly. 

Hi @Roeland Did you delete any responses? If so, this is expected behavior. The data in the Insights will still appear with all the result data, even if you deleted a result. The Responses tab will update accordingly. 

Hi @Liz , no we did not deleted anything. I saw your same remark in previous comments but as with others it’s also for us not the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, that is odd then. I would reach out to the support team here with the form URL to have them take a closer look into this. Let us know what they end up saying!

Hm, that is odd then. I would reach out to the support team here with the form URL to have them take a closer look into this. Let us know what they end up saying!

I did already but waiting for a reply.