Answered

Results with Numbers Instead of Text?

• 13 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I tried to find an answer to no avail. My apologies if I missed something.

Instead of seeing the text answers in the Results area, is there a way to have these automatically converted to some # so when I export to Excel all I have to do is analyze data instead of converting it myself? So, instead of this:

Question #4: What is your favorite color?

1. Red
  1. Green

And seeing Green in column 4 when Results are downloaded, is there a way to see the number 2 instead?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 November 2021, 05:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rich - welcome to the community

if you set up a variable to hold the numeric response and logic rule to assign the appropriate value to the variable, it would be available for submission to the data set. 

here’ the result of a simple test form at this link.

i created a numeric variable called colourcode 

here’s the logic in the form. 

hope that helps. 

Hello,

I tried to do this but it’s not working! I want my responses to show up as numbers instead of as text. Can you please show how to set up a variable to hold the numeric response(like for @colourcode) in the example above?

Thanks

Hello @john.desborough. I liked your approach, but is there a way to do this in a Matrix question type?

Take this figure below as example. If the user select the column “Discordo totalmente”, then I will assign a numeric value (1, for example). If the user select the column “Discordo em parte”, then I will assign 2. And so on...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vgprin - you could do this but all the assignment of values/calculations would have to be done outside of Typeform. The matrix answers cannot be used in logic rules … yet, maybe someday I hope!

I do this type of assignment in google sheets when i connect he form to the sheet.I do all the transformation and calculations in sheets and then push the output into a pdf file i return to users.. that’s my reality when i need to use matrix questions.. 

des