Skip to main content

Insights / Views : is that unique user or if a user comes back at a later time it counts as a second view ? 

Hi @User this is a great question. The “Views” relates to unique views. Then, “starts” relates to anyone that has started the form, regardless of how many times they’ve viewed it prior. For example, I could land on your form once, close the page, then come back to the form at click the “start” button, which would count me as one start and only one “view” for the first time I saw the form. 

I hope this helps!

So this could be why my view # is lower than my start number? Multiple people could have started and stopped a few times?

That’s correct, fellow @Elizabeth ! Though, if the numbers seem really off, let us know, and we’re happy to take a further look into it. 

@Liz

Thanks for your response! I do feel that we have a pretty big discrepancy right now. We have 639 Views vs 1052 starts. I’m trying to match this to ecommerce conversion and have been using views, because i have people taking the quiz multiple times. 

I tested this and it didn’t seem to be true. Every time I clicked on the link through the same device, the view count would go up. So are the views no longer counted as unique views?

Hm, it should be counting unique views only if they are unique views, @mollymanski . It may be worth having the tech team take a look at your form. You can contact them here

Hi @Liz, I just tested this as well on my forms and can confirm that if I visit the same form on the same device the view count just continues to go up. (This can be reproduced by simply going to a form and refreshing the browser and seeing the view count incrementally increase). Is this intended behavior? Is it possible to see unique viewers to better understand unique conversions.

It feels like this is significantly altering my understanding of our drop off since it seems like significantly more people have viewed/but started the form when in reality it’s the same people viewing but not starting the form.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @mikefantini Let me ask our tech team about this to see if they’re aware of any issues! Do you mind sending over the URL of your form as well? 

Hi @Liz ,

Our company is facing the same issue with views < starts. Have you got an update as to why this happens?

@Mat WT It might be worth having our tech team take a look at your form as well, if they haven’t already!

@Liz Baker I’m also facing the same issue where I’m trying to make sense of the Drop off value. 

Hi @kwame19 would you mind sending a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Thanks!