Answered

Save Information Before Final Submission

• 28 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Is it possible to capture information along the way of someone’s form? As an example, if I ask for their name and email in the first 2 questions, but then they exit the form, is there a way to save their name and email to re-engage? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 March 2021, 19:45

View original

8 replies

I second this question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AllieD and @TheReaderyCoffee ,

Unfortunately, until someone clicks ‘submit’ which consents their permission to have their information, I don’t believe you can capture someone’s name and email until they click ‘submit’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AllieD We have a post below that answers this in depth for you. :) 

The short version is that the answers will save on the respondent’s browser for up to 15 days (unless they clear the cache or use a different device), but we don’t capture any results in the Responses panel until they’ve clicked the “submit” button. Hope that helps!

Sad to say but looks like I will have to use another provider. Losing 50% of my orders because they didn’t hit submit is a major revenue loss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chef Sam - from another user here.. maybe that is something that you might be able to ‘fix’ or adjust in your typeform design.. maybe just a little note to say something like “just one more click after this one, to submit your form”… maybe that might help??

Have there been any other issues with your form to date??

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sad to say but looks like I will have to use another provider. Losing 50% of my orders because they didn’t hit submit is a major revenue loss.

If you’re not already, you can also change the wording on the submit button to say something like ‘Complete Order’ or Finish.

90% of our NPS responders click the email button but don’t give feedback and click the submit button. Which makes NPS with TypeForm useless. Is there a solution yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CarlSortMe I would definitely suggest using the solution @Graham Cox suggested above!