Answered

send email notification to respondents upon survey completion

• 31 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Hey everyone,

I have added the option of sending a custom email notification to people that have completed the survey. Although when testing it out I got this at the end of the email:

I have two questions:

1. Why is that line of numbers and text appearing at the end of the emails? And how can I fix it?
  2. Is there any way I can hide the Typeform message that appears in grey or is that a automatic mandatory message?

Thank you

Diana

icon

Best answer by Liz 31 March 2022, 20:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dolivetree Welcome to the community! 

To answer your questions, 

1. The string of characters corresponds to the response ID. The text is in white so you can’t see it, though it will appear in you’re in dark mode. It’s not possible to remove this. 
  2. That message is there for legal reasons, so it’s mandatory in the email and also can’t be removed. This is because we need to provide the respondent an option to opt-out of emails should they choose so. 

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks @Liz 

I appreciate your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @dolivetree ! Let me know if I can help with anything else. 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello!

How do you add the option of sending an email a custom email notification?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Fglace Our article here can walk you through setting up email notifications once your respondent fills out a form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fglace - if you don’t see the ‘notifications’ option, as shown in the article to which @Liz referred, use the “followups’ instead - that will get you to the same place.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know if you can’t find it, @Fglace !

Hi @Liz we have the automatic email option activated but we’ve tested it and it never gets to the inbox, neither SPAM… Can you tell us what’s happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @theglobeformacion Off the top of my head, this usually happens if the email unsubscribed to notifications before or is being blocked by our email service provider. Our support team can double check this on the backend if you contact them from your account email with the form URL + email that isn’t receiving notifications here