Answered

Send Email Reply Based On Answers In Quiz

• 8 September 2022
  • 8 replies

We have 8 different answers people can choose. We have 8 special reports we want to email them based on which answer they’ve chosen.

What is the most simple way to send them an email in response to them completing the survey?

We’ve synced our email host “Klaviyo” to the form.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 12 September 2022, 14:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickthompson I would suggest taking a peek at this post to see how another user did this! 😁

Thanks Liz. Though, I’m having trouble following the tech/babble with setting up the zapier/web hooks etc. I’m going to need to contact support and see if they have anyone who can help us manually set this up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nickthompson - i think the easiest thing is to think of it this way: 

• when a user completes a form, you can push the response data into the klaviyo record
  • as part of what you push you can create a variable in Typeform that corresponds to a ‘tag’ in klaviyo
    • the tag would be the trigger to fire off a klaviyo sequence to email the participant a specific report - if they are static reports - 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickthompson wanted to let you know we just released a feature that allows you to send different emails within Typeform itself: 

@Liz does the followup feature allow you to send different emails based on quiz scores or outcomes (rather than individual answers)? I don’t want to have to pay first to find out, and I couldn’t find a definitive answer in the descriptions.

I’d prefer to use scores for my quiz but might be able to do outcomes in a pinch.

@john.desborough 

I’ve seen you answer versions of this question very helpfully for others in a few places and would love you to respond to my case in case @Liz‘s is  negative!

I want to use a scored quiz and then send different emails (I use Mailerlite) based on their final score.

I’ve already got Zaps set up for this with a regular type form that work well. (The zap is triggered by the typeform to send the contact to Mailerlite and in the process or update them into a specific group based on their response, and then Mailerlite has an automation to send the specific email when a contact is added to the group).

From what I understand, if I export the typeform resonses to a google sheet, I should get a column that contains each person’s final score. In which case I could proceed in much the same way, except it would be a matter of having the zap retrieve the the score from the google sheet, rather than directly from typeform data--is that more or less accurate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bunnykat - as long as you are calculating the final score in a variable you should be able to do that in MailerLite. 

you could also consider setting up a variable to act as a ‘tag’ that you could replace with a more representative word to segregate your respondents - and have the tag passed along as part of the data submission of the typeform 

ie:

• if score is greater than 15 replace v_segment with ‘quiz-high’
  • if score is greater than or equal 8 and less than or equal to 15 replace v_segment with ‘quiz-medium’
  • if score is less than 8 replace v_segment with ‘quiz-low’ 

and then use the tag called v_segment to populate MailerLite and run your automations based on the tag instead of looking at a score field. 

in the Typeform follow ups, you have the ability to send a ‘notification email’ from Typeform (not your email address) using conditional logic and can do the same sort of thing. ie score-based to send high/medium/low email message. That won’t get the detail into your CRM but you can do it in conjunction with your CRM/ESP automations

• send out a notification from follow-up that says ‘hey - here’s how you did: you ranked Medium. expect to see an email from us in your inbox with some specific recommendations for you based on this result’ … 
  • follow up from the crm as above. 

just a thought

des

Thanks @john.desborough! when you say

“as long as you are calculating the final score in a variable you should be able to do that in MailerLite. “

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘calculating the final score in a variable’ or ‘do that’. Do you mean the final score is a number (that meaning of ‘variable’)? If so, that was the plan! By ‘doing that’, do you mean that the process I’ve described should work? Or does ‘that’ mean a specific part of the process?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I understand!

Re: your second option of replacing a variable with a word (if that’s what you mean), I think I could do that via the zap if I have it use the score conditionally to send the contact to a mailerlite group (which I’ll have pre-named with a word not a number). Does that make sense?