Answered

Sendinblue integration hidden field

• 3 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, 
I am trying to create a campaign, where my subscribers go from Sendinblue to my Typeform (integrated), with email sent as a hidden field to Typeform. Then those filling out the form, answering some questions would be segmented based on their data, and get back to Sendinblue. But, my problem is that Sendinblue cannot identify the hidden field parameter when mapping the data from Typeform. 
I tried to work around this by adding my hidden email field somewhere in Typeform as an answer, but that’s not possible with Typeform either. 
Is there a way to work around this? It’s really lame that I send people from Sendinblue to Typeform, with their data passed to hidden field, but cannot get it back to Sendinblue, when they finish the survey.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 February 2022, 15:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SmartAsthma - welcome to the community.. just a quick question: did you set up a hidden variable inside your typeform to ‘receive’ the inbound hidden field? if you did, stop reading here lol

if you didn’t, then do so from the Advanced Logic tab. then when the form is submitted that hidden variable is part of the payload that should be available to be mapped to the SendinBlue fields .

only two coffees, so the voices in my head are not fully awake yet

des

Hi,
Yes I did so, it does receive the inbound hidden field from Sendinblue, I can even add it to a question or text, but not to an answer, neither when I set up the Sendinblue data mapping with their integration, it does not offer the email as selectable in the mapping.

Here you can see that Share option offers the hidden field, so it is properly integrated.

I made a workaround though, based on another community suggestion to ask for them to verify their email (you can see that on the bottom of the list), but I would still prefer it if this shouldn’t have to be done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

can you show a screen shot of the variables list? you won’t be able to add it to an answer in the typeform logic .. just doesn’t allow that. 

i don’t know the integration bits for Sendinblue BUT if you have the inbound email address captured, you should be able to map the variable to a field in sendinblue … if that is not possible in the current integration app that has been created, then might have to check with the support folks on both sides.. 

des

I’m not sure which variables list you mean, I sent the Typeform attribute options in the previous reply, that is where Sendinblue can map Typeform answers, but I don’t think variables can be added to it anywhere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If SendinBlue doesn’t allow you to map a Typeform variable to a field inside SendingBlue, then that is an issue and where you would need to connect with the support teams here at Typeform and over at SendinBlue to see how to get around this.. 

but the variable list i was referring to is the one identified in the image above..