Answered

Show result as a full number - not as a decimal

Hi dear Typeform Community :) 

I built several calculations in my form. I would like my users to just see the rounded result / the variable I use, with no decimals. 
Also the decimal is the English “.” and not the”,” as I would need it in German. 

What my Users see right now: 18.26
What I want them so see: 18  
if that’s not possible then: 18,26 

Has anybody done this before, I can’t figure it out :expressionless:
(I use the Professional Plan - Upgraded builder) 

I am thankful for any reply :) 

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 April 2021, 23:59

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @__Anika__ thanks for stopping by and great question! We don’t currently have an option to round up a number, but this is a great idea. I’ll share this with product. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

I would also really love this option.

We need this as well! Please do implement this fast. I was surprised this was not already implemented to be honest...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nick Wander and @codered This isn’t on our roadmap for the foreseeable future, but if anything changes, we’ll post an update here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any idea when this could be implemented? Or is there a temporary solution on how to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tlm_engineering I’m afraid I don’t have any timeline/updates on this at the moment. @john.desborough might have a workaround that’s been handy for them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @tlm_engineering - unfortunately I have no hacks inside native Typeform that will round up or down. (or go beyond 2 decimal points of accuracy when you really want 4 or 5 lol… ) 

I have seen a calorie counter demo in here where the creator provides the answer back to the user like this in a number question: 

“based on your responses, your required calorie intake is 2012.35 calories per day. Please round this up to the next whole number and enter it in below” 

That also seemed to stop the bots from completing his form.. 

it’s not the answer we want to hear, but to get around it, i typically work to get the user to ask for a customized pdf to be sent in email, and then i do the calculations with the required rounding etc. from Google Sheets and send a results document using Document Studio add-on for Sheets. 

me tuppence today. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you guys for your responses. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to help me very much for what I’m trying to do.

Userlevel 1

Please upvote. The lack of data manipulation ability for variables is one of the weakest areas in the platform. It hinders use for many use cases. 

I need this feature too

Hello! I show result scores as percentages but they are showing 4 decimal places.  I prefer none.  Any ideas on how to round up these decimal places? Thanks for any help...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kkelly Thanks for stopping by the community. 😀 I added your post here where we have the answer. 

Would love to get this feature as well! I.e. a rounding function so I don’t have to show decimals.

Any update on this? Or potential workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @huanaliuro Agreed! No updates at the moment, but I’ll share them if I have ‘em!

Userlevel 1

This really needs to happen. Able to do in Jotform

Please this feature is CRUCIAL!!!