Answered

Show wrong answers (after the test) and explain why to the participant

• 22 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Hi!

I am creating a self-assessment test with typeform. 

After running the test, I would like the participant to see all the answers provided, specifically:

- the right answer (if the participant got it wrong)
- the wrong answers (given by the participant)
- a comment explaining to the participant why that answer is wrong

Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks to all for your time, hope you can help me!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 September 2021, 15:15

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lara Happy Wednesday! Sounds like a fun quiz you’re building. :) You can use a combination of logic jumps and calculations to show the right and wrong answers. An example of this setup is here. Would something like this work for you?

Hi @Liz , thank you for your help!

The setup example you pointed out is very good, however I need something slightly different. 
I need the participant can review all the questions at the end of the test, and can see the right and wrong answers (not during the test). This is because it is a long and complicated test and if I show the answers right away it takes the participant twice as long to take the test.

Could you help me?
Thanks for your time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lara - you could push all the results out to a Google Sheet using the Connect feature. Create a Google Doc or Slide template to present your results and then use an add-on called Document Studio for Google Sheets to merge the data into the report template, turn it into a pdf and email it to the participant. 

there are a number of threads in the community that cover how to do this in more detail

des

Lara, I’m trying to do the same thing.  I’m very new at this, but it seems to me that you can add logic to evaluate each wrong answer and associate it with a string that gives some guidance.  Where I’m stuck is where to put all of these strings.  An alternate ending?  I don’t know enough about Typeform to figure this out.  I’m also trying, btw, to have a certificate spit out at the end of the survey based on the individual’s performance.  I hope you get an answer to your question.  I’ll be watching!

Hi, looking for help, 

In a quiz I want the the paticipent will see the correct answer in the same screen Immediately after thay answer the question. is it possible? 

I would love an explanation,  and yes I saw in the written guides an option for Logic but moving to another screen to display the correct answer prolongs the quiz time and I am afraid that people will abandon in the middle if it is too long

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NOA I added your post here where we have the answer and some solutions. :grin:

Thanks, Liz my problem is the other way around.

I want the correct answer to be displayed immediately after the answer in the quiz without moving to another screen so that the time of the quiz is extended  twice as many screens as planned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NOA I’m afraid we don’t have an option to show multiple questions/blocks within one screen, so the solution above would be the best workaround for now.

@lara - you could push all the results out to a Google Sheet using the Connect feature. Create a Google Doc or Slide template to present your results and then use an add-on called Document Studio for Google Sheets to merge the data into the report template, turn it into a pdf and email it to the participant. 

there are a number of threads in the community that cover how to do this in more detail

des

Can you advise which thread covers this as I am trying to set this up myself. I have connected my survey to both Google Sheets and Google docs and have also added the Document Studio and just looking for the instructions to set this all up

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here you are, @Fozzy74 😁

Hola hay alguna funcionalidad que me permita mostrarle a mis estudiantes en que cuales preguntas se equivocaron al final del quizz y que ellos sepan cuales son las preguntas y las preguntas malas

-- Google Translation -- 

Hello, is there any functionality that allows me to show my students which questions they got wrong at the end of the quiz and let them know which are the questions and the wrong questions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FELIPE I’ve added your post here where we have some possible solutions for you. 😀