Answered

The download responses in csv file are messed up

• 31 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I downloaded the responses in the csv file, but I see the multiple choice answers are on the first row as the questions. How I can solve this. Your help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Sophia 

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 November 2021, 07:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SophiaT Welcome to the community! The multiple choice answers will appear as their own separate rows in the exported files, so what you’re seeing is expected behavior. Then, if the respondent answered with one of those multiple choice options, you’ll see that in their response data. It isn’t possible to merge all of the multiple choice answers into one singular row at this time. 

I hope this helps clarify! Let me know if you think of any other questions. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SophiaT Welcome to the community! The multiple choice answers will appear as their own separate rows in the exported files, so what you’re seeing is expected behavior. Then, if the respondent answered with one of those multiple choice options, you’ll see that in their response data. It isn’t possible to merge all of the multiple choice answers into one singular row at this time. 

I hope this helps clarify! Let me know if you think of any other questions. 

Hey @Liz
I think my question can be relevant to this thread. I have a multiple choice question, which create an array of answers in the results https://prnt.sc/ljW84bD0kfvs. Is there a way to have each answer in a separate ROW instead?

At the end I am running an Alloy workflow, which takes the answer and ads them into a table:

Person 1 - Urban Vitamin wireless ANC headphone - delivery address

Person 1 - Kindle - - delivery address

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ohmygift Thanks for stopping by! We don’t have any additional formatting options in the table view, but if you export the results, it should show each answer in a different column (but not in a row).