Answered

Timing of response for each question

• 5 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear community !

I see that overall time-to-complete is possible to calculate for the form. However, is it possible to split this time by individual questions for quiz-styled forms? Imagine a situation when not only answer matters, but also time it took to come up with it.

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 January 2022, 00:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Proxify.io Thanks for stopping by the community! The time-to-complete is automatically calculated, so we don’t have an option to adjust this time or how it is calculated. 

Though, I’ll share this feedback with the product team because this is an interesting use-case for it. :grinning:

Yes, I also have the same request.  I like that we get the time taken for a respondent to finish the entire quiz, but in addition to that, is it possible to get the time that the respondent takes to answer each question in that quiz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ptandon25 - at the moment the only way that I have been able to achieve this is to create a series of forms and connect them all to the same Google sheet. 

Using a ‘registration form’ to collect the user name/email to act as an identifier, then redirecting to the form containing the first questions - on submit the response is timestamped in the google sheet. the next form would be the first question and on submission, you redirect to the next.. and so forth. 

each of these forms would entries into the same google sheet and at the end you would need to create another tab to collect your results - based on the email (the identifier that i have used for clients) you look up the submit times in the series and then subtract them ie timestamp of second form - timestamp of the first form gives you time in question 1. 

not pretty but it works - there is latency in the network to account for but it is a workable option for about a dozen of my clients so far. 

des