Answered

Translate my results / integration with DeepL

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Dear all,

I would like to translate the responses of my survey, is there a way to do that with Typeform?

If not, I have a few suggestions

• Provide a way to export the report into PDF/Word. Currently, only CSV and XML are possible - that’s very limited!
  • Provide integration with DeepL or Google Translate

I have printed the report as PDF, but I must say that this is far from ideal. The look and feel is quite bad.

As I have DeepL pro, I tried to translate this PDF using DeepL - unfortunately I got an error. It was not possible to translate the file.

I am sure the issue is with the file format (the printed PDF from Typeform). I am sure the issue is NOT with DeepL Pro - this tool is GREAT!

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 June 2022, 17:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rafaellima0 Thanks for stopping by the community! We don’t have an option to translate the results, so you would need to use a third-party tool to do this. 

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing more about why you’re translating the results of the form submissions? This could be helpful for our product team to know. Thanks!

Hi,

I work at the headquarters of a company with a very international team. I run surveys in different countries and I need to translate the surveys into EN to present to my colleagues.

and how about my other suggestion?

• Provide a way to export the report into PDF/Word. Currently, only CSV and XML are possible - that’s very limited!

This could solve my problem. If that’s also not possible, I am sorry, but being honest I will migrate to another survey tool.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rafaellima0 - you could connect the surveys to a google sheet and then create a merge document in Google Docs or Slides and use a tool like Document Studio to merge data into template, convert to pdf and email it out. 

there are a lot of articles/posts in this Community on the reporting part of your topic.. just search for more details. 

des

Thanks John, but I wanted to export the nice report created by typeform, not having the results in a table.

Anyway, I will do some manual work and find my way to solve this. I would like to register here once more my suggestions:

• MUST have: Provide a SIMPLE way to export the report generated by typeform into PDF/Word format. Currently, only CSV and XML are possible - that’s very limited!
  • Nice to have (prio 3): Provide integration with DeepL or Google Translate.

Use case: I explained above

Have a good day

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing the feedback, @rafaellima0 ! Since we don’t have these features within our form builder, I would definitely suggest giving the workarounds suggested above a try!