Answered

Typeform Segmentation - email of People who did not end the form ?

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I would like to know the email of people who started a form but did not end it ? 

We send the “email info” to typeform with hidden fields, but until now I can only know when a people finish the form (not when he only started it and abandonned)

Do you know what i can do ?

Thanks a lot for you help,

Laurent

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 May 2023, 23:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @paul-omaj,

As per my understanding Typeform will only save the form when a person presses the “Submit” button (I believe the reasoning behind this is because it invokes an explicit consent from the user that they wish for their data to be saved)

As such I do not think it would be possible to access the emails of people who have abandoned your form.

Hope this help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@paul-omaj - just a thought here: if you are sending the ASK to take the quiz via email from CRM or ESP, and including it as a hidden field, you have some options to consider: 

• if they finish the form, the email is captured as a field - you could connect the typeform to your CRM through a native or zapier integration and assign a tag back in the crm based on submission - that this user has completed the quiz
    • then you would need to run a report in your crm to determine the folks who received the invite to the quiz but don’t have the tag … and then you could send them a followup email with another invite to complete based on users in the ‘group/list’ but not having ‘tag x’
  • you could push the data into a google sheet using the Connect feature for typeform when they submit. you can then compare to your crm/master list to determine who hasn’t submitted
    • if you start from bulk list in google sheet, you could use Document Studio to generate and send out the information and the same google sheet (different tab) to connect the typeform on submission.. you can then use google sheets to determine which emails have submitted and which not.. 

just a couple thoughts.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @paul-omaj did the suggestions above help? Let us know!