Question

Typeform strips diacritic characters from Hubspot's personalization token

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone,

I noticed that Typeform strips diacritic characters from Hubspot’s “First name” and “Last name” personalization tokens.

This is a received Hubspot mail.

This is the first question in Typeform

After survey completion, the contact’s Last Name token was updated in Hubspot without the diacritic character

It happened for all contacts that had diacritic character (č,ć,š,ž,đ) in their First name or Last name. Any tips or suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ante I’m asking our tech team about this! Standby. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ante I’m asking our tech team about this! Standby. 😀

Hi @Liz , any news on this? Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ante apologies for the delay! I’m waiting to hear from the tech team whether this is a bug or what the next steps for this are. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Ante ! I’ve heard back from the tech team, and this is what they said: 

I’ve tested it and our hidden fields does support this character - see this example.The issue could be that the character is not encoded accordingly from their HubSpot flow.The the UTF-8 encoding (which our Hidden fields follow) for the ć  is %C4%87Both the encoded and non-encoded version works see these examples:https://cr-creative.typeform.com/to/cV0Icya7#seller_id=Diani%C4%87&campaign=testinghttps://cr-creative.typeform.com/to/cV0Icya7#seller_id=Dianić&campaign=testing

The customer can either check their encoding with HubSpot and the mergetags they are using, or they will have to open a ticket with us, showing exactly how they setup the email and reproduce the issue, but it is most likely happening on the Hubspot side. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @Liz for the detailed update. We’ll check the encoding options with HubSpot and do some more testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @Ante !