Answered

Unique link

Hi Guys, 
I offer personalized service and I need that my customers share with me their preferences, but sometimes, people change their minds and their preferences :) 

Two questions:
1) Is it possible after a customer fills a survey, to have their unique link?
For example, after customer A fill the survey I know that their id is 12123123 (Typeform gives me the ID when I export de data correct)? and the link for them is www.typeforme.com/12123123

2) If yes, is it possible for the customer to click on the link that I will give to them and to see what they have filled before (like Typeform has now if the person lefts the form without submitting) and edit if they want?

Thanks
:)

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 May 2022, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kardu Welcome to the community and happy Monday! To help answer your questions, 

1. We don’t create unique links for respondent’s answers, but you can identify them by adding identifying information to the form that’s required, like a name or email, as well as by their network ID.
  2. I think this is answered above. 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Kardu - one possible workaround to this, if you really wanted to give access to what a user has submitted (and i stress submitted) ie the completion of a typeform:

• connect the typeform to google sheet
  • using the features within Sheets to create a unique id field for that response (could be a field from typeform or a random id that you creae in Sheets)
  • use Document Studio to email the user some initial info:
    • you could create a template that has all their responses sent back in a pdf format
    • you could create an email that extracts only the ‘unique identifier’ you establish to the user, along with a link to a follow-up typeform 
  • the follow-up typeform i refer to would be a ‘request for a report’ type form - two possible scenarios listed here: 
    • user enters the unique identifier they got in the email and their email address and this form is connected to google sheets
      • using the input data from this form, you have google sheets extract the data from the appropriate files/tabs that are related to both the unique identifier and email and send the report back
    • the user could enter their email and request all the responses to all the forms they have submitted over time
      • again, connect to sheets and use lookup functions in the sheet to assemble the data, merge it into an output report and send to the user. 

just my thoughts on this fine holiday monday… 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kardu Did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you? 

Hi @Kardu Did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you? 

To be honest, this solution not provide a great user experiencer for the customer :(

Probably Typeform is not the best choice for me.

Thanks @john.desborough and @Liz for your help

Ricardo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Kardu ! We understand you may need to find a tool that better suits what you’re looking to do, but if you think of any other questions, please let us know. 😀