Answered

Use Case: Is it possible to summarize Likert Scale responses to create a scaled assessment that can be shared with the individual respondent?

I’m trying to determine if this specific use case below is possible with Typeform.  Thanks for any assistance:

1. create a form with Likert Scale type questions that
  1. will also allow me to create a summary score by question category and
  2. display and/or email the individual survey respondent back their overall assessment scores by category
  3. along with conditional text based up the score range they have in each category
  4. and capture their opt-in email for lead generation with integration to Convertkit

So for example, if I have 6 categories each with six 5-point Likert questions, the categories would total score ranges of 5-30 for instance based upon the assigned response values.

Depending upon what ranges participants land in for each of the 6 categories (e.g., 5-10,11-20, 21-30) there would be different recommendations provided back to them in an individual report (ideally via email, but at least that they could render and download or print at the end of the survey).

And on the front end to access the quiz, there would be an opt-in email request that integrates with Convertkit.

Is this possible, or a pipedream?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 March 2021, 15:55

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@PatrickF - this from a user

yes it is possible to do all of that. I am currently doing that with several of my Typeforms. I also extend the report by email ‘requirement’ by integration with Google Sheets and an add-in called Document Studio to transform data as required and merge with an output report template and send to respondents. 

des

John, thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate. That’s great to know.

Is there any chance you might permit me to spin through one of your relevant Typeforms as an end-user to see how this looks in action? If that’s a possibility, feel free to send me a link to xxxxx.

If that’s not really feasible for whatever reason, don’t sweat it. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my initial query.

Best,

Patrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Patrick - sent you a direct message in this Community site and will send to your email address as well. 

des

Hi, 

I have problems understanding the score range. I have made a personality test, with a likert scale 1-5. It`s 60 questions that covers the big five personalities, and based on the respondents answers on those 60 questions I want to have a ending screen with which personality they scored highest on. 

I have tried the outcome quiz option, but with that I cannot generate response variable, and totalscore of each respondents answer. I have to do that manually. I also tried endings with score range, but I dont get it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MDH In order to score the form and send the respondent to different endings, you would need to use the Advanced logics for this. Though, the setup is a bit trickier since it’s similar to our classic builder. @vickioneill have you set this up previously? I know you’ve got quite a few quizzes, if I remember correctly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PatrickF I edited the post to remove your email so it’s not public. I hope that’s ok! :grinning:

@PatrickF and @john.desborough 

What was your solution.  I also need to create subscale scores and have no clue how to do this.  I have a 28 question inventory that has a total score and 7 Subscale scores that I would like to calculate separately.  How the heck are you doing this?!!! 

HELP!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Val - welcome to the community from this other user. 

to quote Mr Spock: “It’s only logical, Jim”

here are two examples ( one and two)  that i have created: please go through them to the end and put in a valid email address so that you can see the output in the report that gets sent back to you. 

If this is the type of thing you are seeking, I will let you in on the magic behind the scenes lol.. 

(also, just in case, I recently built out the typeform logic for a client that had 12 possible endings using this same type of framework)

cheers

des

Similar solution here, inspired by John’s approach. Using Google Forms and Zapier to integrate a workflow with Typeform that I have only a 10K foot level understanding - I ultimately hired out the setup of this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all. I plan to use Typeform for my research. There will be 8 questions using the ordinal (Likert scale), and the final question will be an open-ended question.

It will be a Delphi study - thus the participants is minimal ( 8-12 persons)

I try to read the above answers, but i think i did not quite understand

1. Once the participants answer the Qs, how do I integrate the result to a simpler version → to make the result clearer?
  2. Can the result be analysed in the end ( when all the participants have given their answer ?)
  3. For the final Qs : open ended , how do i transfer it to a document ( Google sheet/etc), so that i could view all the participants answer? This is because i need to create a verbatim and describe it clearly in my thesis

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Athirah - welcome to the community from another user

use the Connect feature to integrate with Google Sheets and the data will be pushed into the sheet as well as into the typeform repository. 

once in the Sheet, you can achieve all the requirements you list above. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks for the tips - i got it!

I hope my supervisor agree with my idea to use Typeform to be used in my Delphi study.

other question :

1. Does typeform able to anlyse the data → eg : Ordinal scale (Likert scale), for example  the mean/median?
  2. I noticed from the template , when i type “ What is your name ….”, on the next slide, the name will be presented on the slide.. . How do i create the same code for other purpose: to get the answer given by participants from previous slide).

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Athirah - there is no logic capability inside typeform to analyze the data, you will have to do that outside in the google sheet. 

for many of the question types, you can use the @recall function to display the answer from a previous question, either in the ‘heading’ or question presentation area or in the description field. there is, however, no way to use the answers from a previous question as the options in a multiple choice or dropdown question for example… ie in q1 choose 6 of the 10 options from a multiple choice and in q2 say choose the most important of the answers you selected from the multiple choice list below (where the list is dynamically created from the 6 you chose before) - that is not available. 

hope that helps

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear @john.desborough 

Is there a @recall icon (anywhere to click?)

or does it work as such,

Q1 : What do you think is the best preventive  measures : answer **

Q2 : Why do think an individual are not compliance to perform @recall answer**  : Answer for Q2.

Do i write @recall in Q2?

Please advice

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Athirah - there is no recall button or icon (you can find details on how it works in the Help Centre if you want to do a little searching) 

simply type the @ sign on a page and it should show you the list of questions and variables (if you have them) that you can display - in the image below i am showing a series of statements with recalled items displayed (in the Create mode) and at the bottom of that list you will see that i have typed the @ sign and the selection list is presented to me...

Userlevel 1
Badge

you are soo helpful @john.desborough . thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Athirah - let us know how it goes once you are ‘done’ the process! good luck

des