Skip to main content
Answered

Where is the download results link in the email they send????

Why did they have to change they process?

I am trying to access the results of a quiz my class did on Typeform.

When I select the results I want to download, I then select the Excel spreadsheet, and now I get a message “the results will be sent to you when download is ready”  (or something like that).

Email appears...I open it up and it says the results are ready…...OK, WHERE ARE THE RESULTS???!!??

There is no link, no attached file, nothing!  the only live link in the email is for TypeForm, and that link is dead.

This is not what I paid for.  Someone smarter than me(which might just be everyone) please help.

37 replies

Hi, is anyone experiencing issues with downloading responses since yesterday's update?

Mine say "we'll email you when the file is ready for download”...then nothing. My files used to download immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Researcher123 Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the trouble downloading your responses. We don’t have any widespread reports of this at the moment, but if you haven’t already contacted our support team here, they should be able to help solve this for you. 

Userlevel 1

@Liz, why are results no longer immediately available to download? The extra step to retrieve from an email is unnecessarily cumbersome.

I am also experiencing the same issue. I was able to download another survey immediately but I cannot do the same for a different survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KingFisher6 Thanks for stopping by the community and apologies for any trouble with the new process. Our product team recently changed this due to issues customers were previously having with larger exports (which would eventually time out). This method is intended to help deliver the results faster. 

If you’re not receiving the results via email, please contact our support team here so they can log into your account and see why the results aren’t sending correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Battelle Education and @Researcher123 I’ve moved your posts here where we have an existing conversation about this. If you haven’t already contacted support, please do so!

Userlevel 1

It would be nice to have the option of immediate download versus email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll pass along the feedback, @Battelle Education !

I would like to enter a complain about this change.

1. I have not yet received the promised email. Maybe the download is ready, but i see no apparent way to download my results in typeform itself. For the record, i am trying to download a selection of 10 or less rows of results, from different forms. This used to be done in 1 second.
  2. Changing the process from an immediate download to a delayed / staggered approach for everybody because certain clients experience problems with large files is very customer unfriendly. I would suggest finding a way to detect which is relevant up front, or offer different options, or anything, beside this general change. Right now i cannot do my work.

Regards, Navajo

Userlevel 1

This is so unfair towards profiles with lesser survey audiences. Please make a feature toggle to enable direct downloads 

I hope the direct download option will come back again. It worked so much better (for me). 

Yeah this is awful. I have a meeting soon I need to download my leads from and we all share one email so I’m completely locked out from doing my job now since I don’t actually have that emails login

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Navajo Broere Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. Sorry about the troubles accessing the downloads. Have you contacted our support team here for help with this yet? 

Thanks as well for sharing your feedback, @philberry @Scala_Bianca @finom_admin 

tagging @victorwu for visibility!

Yeah this is a disaster. I am also not able to download my responses (have logged it with support already). If there are issues with larger files, just set a parameter over which those large files need to be downloaded via email. Smaller files should still be available direct. I am trying to access RSVP lists for multiple events my company is running this week and this is a headache I didn’t need! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Grace @Liz 

I have also just experienced the message of “we will email you when your download is ready” - this functionality is a definite backwards step. I now have to click download in the admin console and then go through a link in an email - this will break all my processes for accessing results.

Why has the instant download in the browser been disabled? What is the rationale for this change please?

Thanks,

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Grace @Liz 

I have also just experienced the message of “we will email you when your download is ready” - this functionality is a definite backwards step. I now have to click download in the admin console and then go through a link in an email - this will break all my processes for accessing results.

Why has the instant download in the browser been disabled? What is the rationale for this change please?

Thanks,

Andy

For our organization is also a problem. If you have to download 20 results a day or more as we do… you lose a lot of time and you have to pay atention what form is for a mail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ATS I’ve just moved your comment over to this post so we can keep track of all the feedback we’re getting about this feature update and share it with the product team 🙏

Also thanks @amanda.king for sharing feedback, the extra context is really helpful! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@gestion_docente I’ve also moved your feedback here for more visibility! 

Hi @Navajo Broere Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. Sorry about the troubles accessing the downloads. Have you contacted our support team here for help with this yet? 

Hi Liz, yes i have contact support. Others in this thread have already made the points about using parameters to determine when what is useful, and/or to give us options. I would like to add something i also wrote to support:

“And, of course, I have yet to receive that email. I do not expect to be the only one with problems regarding the email. It introduces an extra technical step, which, as with all technology, increase the change for errors and problems. Email is in my experience a typically ‘simple’ step with a high change of issues, since everyone platform, provider, e-mail client et cetera has its own view of spam, filters, quarantine, et cetera.”

Regards, Navajo

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m the product manager that released this change for exporting responses. I’ve done a bad job designing this feature and a bad job at anticipating this feedback. I apologize that you are experiencing the broken functionality, the increased friction, or both.

We made this change since generating and downloading large export files was not stable in the web app. This new design is focused on alleviating that situation. However, I do recognize it has now created these new problems for folks here.

At this point, we are not going back to the previous flow. We are working to incorporate the feedback here to consider how to best solve your problems going forward. We have no immediate plans at the moment. When we have something more specific, I’ll share them here.

For folks who are not receiving an email with the download link, or otherwise not able to use the feature at all, please submit a support ticket. The support team at a minimum will be able to generate an export for you manually and send it to you. We are also prioritizing fixing any broken functionality in the new flow.

Folks may also consider using Google Sheets integration or Excel Online integration.

I recognize this may not be satisfactory at all. I apologize for causing undue frustration with this change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gestion_docente @philberry @ATS @amanda.king @Researcher123 @Navajo Broere Happy Friday! I have some good news. @victorwu & co listened to your feedback and updated the results download options. 

Now, you can choose between the email option or downloading directly again. 😀

Hi Liz,

I appreciate the swift response from the development team. I think this is a good solution.

Do note that when i went to check the new functionality, the results - responses section of my forms only showed a blank page. After removing the browser cache for the last 7 days did i get to see the responses.

Regards, Navajo

Userlevel 1

Thanks for taking our feedback into consideration and resolving the issue this fast – our team appreciates it a lot. 

Hi Typeform Team

We cannot access the results page on ANY of our typeforms (and we have MANY!) - the page is blank we don’t have any options to download results of get them sent via email. 

We URGENTLY need access to our results information. Please assist as business is being hampered significantly. We have also sent an email regarding this but not received a response yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Liz,

I appreciate the swift response from the development team. I think this is a good solution.

Do note that when i went to check the new functionality, the results - responses section of my forms only showed a blank page. After removing the browser cache for the last 7 days did i get to see the responses.

Regards, Navajo

Hi @Sifiso Learning Group it looks like @Navajo Broere had a similar issue but was able to see results after clearing their cache - are you able to try this and let us know if it works?