Why doesn't Typeform have the option to export data as A, B, C?

• 18 November 2022
  • 6 replies

It doesn’t make any sense to me that a survey platform would not have the capacity to export data as A, B, C, and not the text of the answer. If you are doing a survey in multiple languages, this is necessary to avoid long workarounds and find/replace once you export data. I don’t know how to contact Typeform product people to discuss with them but if anyone has any info or can pass this request along, I would greatly appreciate it. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jtmarkowitz Happy Monday! Thanks for sending this feedback over. As you noted, this isn’t a feature we offer, but happy to share this with the product team. In the meantime, it’s worth looking into our Google Sheets integration, which would then allow you to do as you wish with the data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jtmarkowitz - this may not be the most elegant solution either BUT you could always create variables to represent the answer to a question and use a logic rule to assign the A,B, etc 

• if q3 = A response replace v_q3_answer with “A”

something like that

and then the variables would be available in your data submissions

des

@john.desborough  tell me more … how would I do this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

here are the steps… in a quick image series.. 

Thank you! I’m going to try it!

@john.desborough thank you SO MUCH you totally saved the day. I have one follow-up question. If I have an “Other” option for people to fill in, I can’t figure out how to make what they wrote export into the new variable. All it says is “default text” -- any ideas? Thanks in advance!