Will a word cloud feature be added to help with analyzing open-ended questions?

• 25 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Help identify long form surveys with many open-ended questions to drill through data faster. 

1. 1-5 words : “View” “Views” “Viewing” might group to “View”
  2. Exclude familiar/common words : “I love ice cream” might ID as “Ice Cream” and/or “love”
  3. Ability to : adjust word frequency, hide words, combine words, change color, change font
  4. Ability to export and/or view in reports

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jswartz Welcome to the community! We don’t have this feature in the roadmap, but any particular use-case you’d like to share? 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz,

Yes, we do a ton of surveys. We currently use 3 different tools across groups. Our product team handles hundreds of open-ended questions every day. They like the word cloud feature in another tool that helps identify keywords that are most important to users across segments from the surveys. It's often a lot of tech jargon, so it's nice to be able to extrapolate key words/feature requests in long form responses. I saw the integration that is available, however we didn't love the tool. 

Are there other options to analyze open-ended questions that are native to Typeform that I may not be aware of, that you could recommend?

Thanks!

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jswartz Ah! Thank you. This helps a lot. 

We don’t have any in-app tools to analyze open-ended responses, but I would suggest taking a peek at our integrations here!

@john.desborough or @Paulo do either of you use a particular integration for this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i have explored in the past by extracting into a Google Sheet and then trying out about 30 different add-ons but all of them want the data in a Google Doc or Slide and not Sheets.. 

the only way i have been able to do this ‘regularly’ is use Document Studio to capture an entire range of input ie weekly basis, push the data into a Doc, email it to myself and then run the add-on manually to get the word cloud. 

I’ve not had to try and do anything more than that, for my needs, so i have not explored going any further with it.. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, John.😀