April Community Round Up 🌸

April Community Round Up 🌸
Badge +5

Happy spring folks!

The sun has finally started to shine (for real) here in Barcelona - I'm therefore happy to confirm that I’m not intending to wear a jacket until November. 

Mind you, I'm from the rainy part of Spain so anything above 25 degrees celsius feels like summer to me. Catalans on the other hand are still wearing down jackets - that’s the way you can identify the ‘locals’ at this time of the year. If someone is wearing shorts in May at 25 degrees you know they are from Northern Europe and North America. 

Talking of this, did you know that our community colours represent the sun and light of Barcelona? This was a really cool idea by the chaps at Brand Studio (aka Typeform’s design team). The T and the F are our ‘official community logo’ and they are actually engaging in a conversation: 

April was our community month no. 3 -  we launched on January the 26th, so I'm not counting January. towards our age :sunglasses:

Officially I consider April as the end of our ‘launch stage’. February - April was all about testing our ability to kick off the community and bringing people on board to talk about building typeforms. 

I believe that, with more than 4,000 creators and 1,200 conversations in just 3 months, we passed the test with flying colours. 

The new phase of the community will be about learning how you are using it and adjusting to the needs of our members. How can we maximise the potential of this platform? (This is not just not a rhetorical question, we would love to hear your ideas). 

Both the Typeform team and our community are putting a lot of effort and love into this space. We have already seen webinars, tutorials, product digests, workshops, very good questions and even better answers! In just 3 months there’s been a lot of impressive content in here. Thanks all <3 I’m truly impressed. 

Let us do a recap of some of the content highlights from last month:

Meaningful Conversations - April's Meaningful Conversations event brought our community together for two days to share stories and understand how we can help each other grow. Read about how it all came together from the amazing @rachel, who put in quite a shift to help us stage this event. We'll be following up on some of the highlights from the event here in the community in the coming weeks.

Introducing the fastest way to create a typeform - Our productivity-minded engineers @tyze, @antonio and @max  developed a cool little time-saver as part of a recent hackathon. It allows you to create a new typeform just by typing "typeform.new". Get it bookmarked!

Calling all Microsoft Teams users – @kabir from our Partnerships team was – and still is – looking for folks to beta test Typeform's upcoming Microsoft Teams integration.

How Typeform + Automate.io integration saves ROSTR four hours every week - @ash from Automate.io shared a story of how an ex-Spotify employee has grown the world's fastest music industry directory by integrating Typeform with other no-code tools. 

How to get to know your team better with VideoAsk - @nasia revealed the secret of how our marketing team has kept so tight during the pandemic, with ice-breaking videoasks. There's an open invitation in there for you to join in the fun, too!

Automating invoice generation with Typeform & Integromat - if you want to get paid through your typeform but don't want to use our Stripe integration for whatever reason then check out @michaelas' awesome solution. 

Product Digest #4 – April - Want to know what new features we shipped in April? Check out @jo-shan's excellent wrap up and find out how to unlock new potential from Typeform.

Open Office Hours - We closed the month with a live streamed event hosted by @picsoung who was joined by @liz @james and @des to run through practical applications of some of the new Typeform features – including a crazy "let me Google that for you…" solution using text variables.

Big round of applause to them all

Now, the most important bit. Thanks to the best of the best for their contributions to our community this month:

@john.desborough @vickioneill @Antonin @mathio @@IngeB @lincolneather @Michaela @pepesea @FW2021 @hugob @Paulo @DJHC @JuanFeM @scott @Silvia @shouvik @Xinnamon @adopttheweb @Fabian Messner93 @fallonmichaeltx @dande1135 @BBBu @Andrewhelp @Ludo @Proceso VK @joncon81 @jmariwala @Paloma from Madrid @JamieT @jessy @Laura.Sola @PaulaChG @johnny.lee @bigpresence @MCSims 

Enjoy May, folks. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A big hand to all involved

And thanks to you @Gabriel for all you’ve done to help us build and grow the community. It’s a great place to be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - yes indeed it has been a busy month in the Community and all of the resource adds for us to absorb. Thank YOU for pulling us all into this little haven. 

I highly recommend that folks go watch the Meaningful Conversations streams on Typeform’s Youtube channel if you want ‘early access’ - day one  and day two 

cheers and have a great May

des

Badge +5

Well, I’d like to add your workshop to this post whenever that’s available, Des. I should have mentioned that on the original topic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, I’d like to add your workshop to this post whenever that’s available, Des. I should have mentioned that on the original topic. 

+10000 @Gabriel I thought it was an awesome workshop :heart_eyes:  I’m gonna send @john.desborough the edit as soon as it’s off the cutting room floor and he can post it up. We’ll then get the word out to the community about this amazing venture that’s brewing out of Des’s coffee-stained igloo :coffee:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

+10000 @Gabriel I thought it was an awesome workshop :heart_eyes:  I’m gonna send @john.desborough the edit as soon as it’s off the cutting room floor and he can post it up. We’ll then get the word out to the community about this amazing venture that’s brewing out of Des’s coffee-stained igloo :coffee:

@Gabriel @James - you had me at hello! lol.. humbled and honoured to be part of the event and happy to be able to share with folks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel thank YOU and the TF team for creating this community. I liked TF before this but now I’m a huge fan! I learn something new every day from fellow members like you, @john.desborough @Liz @Mariana @James and others. I’m grateful for all 🙏

It’s been a great 3 months and looking forward to many more (and des’s workshop presentation I missed LIVE). 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel what a month!

You guys are doing such a great job! I could not be more impressed :heart_eyes: 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - super happy to be a member of this beautiful community. 

Happy Friday everyone :four_leaf_clover:

Userlevel 2

Great job