Question

Ability to jump around the form in a non-linear fashion?

• 17 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello! I’ve been scoping out new form options and am looking for a solution that will allow for “jumping around” the form.  All I seem to find are forms that work linearly, but what I really need is a form option that provides a navigation bar whereby users can jump to sections to fill in information as it is received.

Is this possible in Typeform??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ceeps. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I'm not sure if I completely understand your use case. Would you mind sharing an example of what you're aiming to achieve? This way, we'll be able to advise! =) 

hey @Mariana -- From what I can see, If I create a Typeform, I must go in the order that the questions are laid out.  But what I’m looking for is the ability to jump questions.  If I’m on question 1 and wish to go to a different section, I’d like to be able to jump to that section, and then return to Question 1 after etc.

The goal is to produce a client intake form that is completed internally during a call.  Rather than ask questions in a linear fashion, i’m looking for a solution that allows the form to be filled out as information is collected in a casual conversation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ceeps you could set logic jumps that move the respondent backwards and forwards in the question or they could scroll through the questions, but there isn’t necessarily a sort of navigation bar to jump back and forth between questions. Hopefully that helps clarify a bit.