Answered

Add multiple follow-up responses based on number of guests in party

• 10 April 2022
  • 2 replies

We’re using Typeform to collect wedding guest information for our wedding next month! 

We have a question at the top of our form that asks how many people are in your party size. Based on the response to that question, we’d like to collect the meal preference for each member in the party. 

For example, if there is only 1 person in your party size, we’ll ask you what your meal preference is. But if you have 6 people in your party size, we’d need to collect the meal preference for the remaining 5 people in your group (along with the ability to capture the name of each person in that party). 

So it would read something like:

How many people are you in your party size? 2

Person 1’s Name and Meal Preference

Person 2’s Name and Meal Preference

Etc. 

Is this possible? Are there any Typeform advisors/consultants who we could pay to help us complete this form in a timely fashion! We’re under a tight deadline and could use the help! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 11 April 2022, 00:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@leejoss17 - congrats on the upcoming wedding! 

it’s not a difficult bit of logic to put in place but does ‘sound’ a little complicated but hopefully the points below can help you get it done quickly (I am going to use an example of 10 in a party to describe the process but you can adjust down based on what you think will be your maximum group size:

• create a question group to collect the name and food preference for each attendee
    • inside the question group create the two questions - one for the name and one for the meal pref - i am assuming that this will be a multiple choice 
  • once you have created the question group, duplicate the question to the max number of folks you want to collect in a party ie 6 total question groups for max party size of 6, 10 for max 10… 
  • create a variable called, for example, guest_count, and set it initially to 0
  • when you ask the number of guest in the party, use logic rules to add the answer to guest_count variable
    • ie if they say 6 then logic rule
    • always add qN answer to guest_count
  • take the user to the first question group to get their answer
    • then logic rules should be like these after the user answers the last question in the first question group: 
      • subtract 1 from guest_count
      • if guest_count is greater than 0 jumpto to the next question group
      • if guest_count = 0 jumpto the next question AFTER the set of question groups or to the ending if there are no more questions. 
    • put the same logic in all the remaining question groups, jumping out of the sequence if the counter is 0
    • on the last question group on the last question, always jump the user to the next question/ending 

here’s a quick sample that i did to put that into play.. let me know if it would work for you

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @leejoss17 Happy Friday! Were you able to give @john.desborough ‘s suggestion a try? Let us know how it went!